• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Don't forget free prescriptions, free transport on the buses anywhere, no bridge tolls, quality of treatment in the NHS is better apparently... I'm sure dim prawn will be along to fill in the blanks....
    Prescriptions aren't free just yet! - although they are only £5.00 per item and not the £6.75 for everyone else.
    (I don't care as I get free prescriptions anyway).

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    The Scots the Welsh and the Irish all seem to get on well together!

Must be something about the English?
    The thing about the English that unites the Scots, Welsh and Irish is that the English aren't Scots, Welsh or Irish.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
      Prescriptions aren't free just yet! - although they are only £5.00 per item and not the £6.75 for everyone else.
      Free in Wales

The thing about the English that unites the Scots, Welsh and Irish is that the English aren't Scots, Welsh or Irish.
      Thankfully!

Who would we have to look down on if they were
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

23rd Psalm (Scots version)

Wha' is my shepherd weel I ken
        The Lord himsel' is he:
        He leads me whaur the girse is green
        An' burnies quiet that be.

Aft times I fain astray wad gang
        An wann'r far awa':
        He fin's me oot, he pits me richt
        An' brings me hame an' a'.

Tho I pass through the gruesome cleuch
        Fin' I ken He is near:
        His muckle crook will me defen'
        Sae I ha'e nocht to fear.

Ilk comfort whilk a sheep could need
        His thoghtfu' care provides:
        Tho' wolves an' dogs may prowl aboot
        In safety me He hides.

His guidness an' his mercy baith
        Nae doot will bide wi' He -
        While fallded on the fields o' time
        Or o' eternity.

Aye very nice. During the festival the wife and I often took walks around the toon in the evening, dodging the rain when possible. Usually, in the meadows, there was the odd act kind of like speakers corner except poetry in the same style with adaptations for current affaris - braw so it was.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The old boy seems to get them for nat but then he is the old boy who is no longer working.

It's too early in the morning for that insight me thinks...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The old boy seems to get them for nat but then he is the old boy who is no longer working.

It's too early in the morning for that insight me thinks...
            All prescriptions are free in Wales

Comment

All prescriptions are free in Wales
              Best try and stay healthy then - what being a poa contractor n all. I wonder could I just come to Wales every time I'm in need?

Comment

Yes lets all move to Scotland, live in a castle, and go contracting, and live off the state handouts paid for by the English!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yes lets all move to Scotland, live in a castle, and go contracting, and live off the state handouts paid for by the Scottish oil!

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Best try and stay healthy then - what being a poa contractor n all. I wonder could I just come to Wales every time I'm in need?
                    Don't forget to pay the Bridge Toll. it helps pay for our free prescriptions

Comment

Don't forget to pay the Bridge Toll. it helps pay for our free prescriptions
                      Yarr....

Comment

Working...
                      X