• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

localised falling house prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    These figures don't include free cars or other things given to reduce effective price without reducing "official" house price. Such things were happening even before this crisis so now I reckon it is even more widespread, this is fraud really.

... but as a percentage of overall sales figures these are absolutely minimal, so the effect on the Land Registry figures can virtually be ignored.

Comment

< a name = "

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Given the news that house prices are falling at their fastest rate since 1983, it's clear that these falls are averaged out. Are there any sites where I can see localised house price fluctuations?
      When i clicked on this page, this is what i saw:

< a name = "

That is web programmers for you, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        ... but as a percentage of overall sales figures these are absolutely minimal, so the effect on the Land Registry figures can virtually be ignored.
        How do you know they are minimal? Chances are they are not minimal at all in certain localities - prices don't fall or raise uniformly, in some places (Leeds) they are going to drop more than others. It is no those localised places where house prices should drop more the builders are trying all sort of tricks to avoid formal list price to be changed, so they offer cars etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          How do you know they are minimal? Chances are they are not minimal at all in certain localities - prices don't fall or raise uniformly, in some places (Leeds) they are going to drop more than others. It is no those localised places where house prices should drop more the builders are trying all sort of tricks to avoid formal list price to be changed, so they offer cars etc.

It's obvious that they are their minimal. 99.9% of house sales do not offer free cars, and where they offered it is only on new properties at the higher end of the market, and new properties are in the minority. It's a fact that we simply do not build enough properties in the UK, and have not for years.

Comment

It's a fact that we simply do not build enough properties in the UK, and have not for years.
            Yes, we do. Supply always equals demand. I read it on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Yes, we do. Supply always equals demand. I read it on the Internet.

Comment

It's obvious that they are their minimal. 99.9% of house sales do not offer free cars
                I think it's more likely that we'll be giving away free houses with cars in 2 years time.

Comment

It's a fact that we simply do not build enough properties in the UK, and have not for years.
                  So, if there are not enough properties in the UK and those immigrants take all the houses, then why house prices all of a sudden started falling down and pretty quickly at that? I remember you and some others were saying that somehow "fundamentally" lack of housing should cause prices go up and up and up.

The real fact is that as soon as banks starte applying half-sensible morgaging rules - ie 20-25% deposit, 3-4 times salary max (no self cert crap) then most people suddenly found themselves unable to get a morgage. The only way for them to do so is for house prices to go down which is what happening.

Comment

The BBC have a localised price finder here:
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...tml/houses.stm

Still going up 7% a year where I am, worse luck.

Comment

Up 8.6% round these parts.

What credit crunch?
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X