• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was yesterday the most mental transfer deadline day in Premier League history?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Hughes last the course at City ?

Like to think he will be given a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
      Will Hughes last the course at City ?

Like to think he will be given a chance.
      I think the target they put down is an excuse to sack him - not saying he will be, but ffs Champions League qualification this year, Premier League Champions next and CL winners in three years.

That's mission impossible.

Can't believe we're three games into the season and looks like we lost two managers already.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Shocking stuff really. My sister could not open account in this country because of "money laundering legislation" and here some foreigners drop hundreds of millions of pounds and nobody would ask a question.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Shocking stuff really. My sister could not open account in this country because of "money laundering legislation" and here some foreigners drop hundreds of millions of pounds and nobody would ask a question.
          I think it'd be a bit hard to say you're a member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and not be able to back it up.

Bank "Can you prove your identity sir?"
          Sheik "Yes, phone my embassy"
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            I think it'd be a bit hard to say you're a member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and not be able to back it up.

Bank "Can you prove your identity sir?"
            Sheik "Yes, phone my embassy"

Be hilarious if it turned out to be Mahmood the sheikh

Comment

It's Shaun Wright-Phillips you've got to feel sorry for though... 2 or 3 years warming the bench at Chel$ki, finally gets the ceremonial home-coming, only to find out a week later that he's now joined the richer version.

Hope he enjoys his footy 'til the January transfer window, then it'll be back to benchwarming duties.
              Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                So you think being a member of the ruling dictatorship in some remote country automatically means no money laundering is taking place? Granted those sheiks can explain source of their money better than Chelski owner, but the point I am making that nobody is asking questions if you buy something for millions of pounds but when it comes to small change then you get shafted by this anti-laundering malarkey.

I opened my bank account in the UK in 1994 - using just 1 pound. Since then I put a fair amount more and the bank certainly got a good customer. They could not do the same with my sister in 2006 because of this bloody money laundering stuff. Granted I can appreciate they don't like foreigners opening accounts, but I said - okay, you know me I am your good customer, I can vouch (with money if necessary) for her, wtf the problem? It was not possible to do.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yes but Eastern European women rocking up to the bank with a load of cash and no ID is bound to create a bit of suspicion around where the cash has come from (especially if they give their brother's address).
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Yes but Eastern European women rocking up to the bank with a load of cash and no ID is bound to create a bit of suspicion around where the cash has come from (especially if they give their brother's address).
                    You miss the point - there was no talk of load of cash, notice how I said I put in 1 quid into my first bank accounts - we were basically going to put ~£1000 cash into her account to avoid taking it back to Russia. They did not even ask the amount - they did not like the fact that she is not resident here.

The ironic thing is that if we were fraudsters (which we weren't) then we could have used my utility bills to "prove" her address - our names both start with A, so it would have looked as if it was her bills. And I am not even talking here about faking utility bills - so wtf this stupid system stops good people and allows fraudsters and people like Abramovich to move in hundreds of millions of pounds and nobody is asking whether he paid taxes from that amount of money or how he got them in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                    X