• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just spent an hour installing Photoshop CS3 :-<

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinker View Post
    Can`t stand bitmap editors, you can never select the object you want to edit,move, etc. Inkscape works for me.
    That'll be because a bunch of pixels is not an object.

PS offers plenty of tool options to select regions of pixels however.

Also, PS is not just a bitmap editor. It has vector objects and 'smart' objects so best of both worlds. I can drag a complex vector drawing from Illustrator into a PS window/layer and the vector drawing stays intact (in CS3).

Likewise I can drag and drop a bitmap image into Illustrator and it will trace it into a vector object. What more could you want?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      .. Likewise I can drag and drop a bitmap image into Illustrator and it will trace it into a vector object. What more could you want?
      VectorEye (free) is also good at that.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        VectorEye (free) is also good at that.
        Looks interesting that.

Thanks OH.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
          .. Inkscape works for me.
          Yes, I've used Inkscape a lot. I'd be happier if you could control the SVG XML format a bit more, although clearly there are limits to that.

I'd also be much happier if one could work with native SVG coordinates (Y downward) and use "raw" SVG mode without it adding a load of crud to the SVG file.

P.S. I just checked, and VectorEye isn't free any more. But for what it does, $119 is pretty good value.
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 31 August 2008, 17:52.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X