• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm American at heart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    I've worked there a lot over the years and they are always completely astonished that you don't want to be an American too.
    I don't blame them, who would want to be British these days? Obscene taxation, hippie government, big payment to EU, expensive cost of living, crap weather, freedom of speech eroded by political correctness... give me America any day

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
      explain why you think they're stupid
      I have engaged many of them in conversations that an 8 year old English kid could handle, that complete confuse them.

Many of them do not know where Africa is on a map FFS.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I don't blame them, who would want to be British these days? Obscene taxation, hippie government, big payment to EU, expensive cost of living, crap weather, freedom of speech eroded by political correctness... give me America any day
        Off you go then lad.

Your standard of trolling might just be passable there.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I have engaged many of them in conversations that an 8 year old English kid could handle, that complete confuse them.

Many of them do not know where Africa is on a map FFS.
          since when has knowing where something on a map mean intelligence? many stupid people know where Africa is on the map

Comment

since when has knowing where something on a map mean intelligence? many stupid people know where Africa is on the map
            I expect you are one of them.

Comment

I expect you are one of them.
              so what else makes them "stupid"? not their economy, which has kicked everyone else's butt

Comment

so what else makes them "stupid"? not their economy, which has kicked everyone else's butt
                Up your game. This is boring.

Comment

economy does not show stupidity, man

Comment

economy does not show stupidity, man
                    If you're going to troll, at least be credible and entertaining.

Bring back AndyW!

Comment

so far I win. You say map knowledge, I say economy.

Comment

Working...
                      X