• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst blag of the day award….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    My nomination is a guy working on behalf of a major IT company, said he knows TestDirector.

We need to upload his word test scripts into QC – anyone knowing their QC knows that getting the tests into a Excel template and exporting using the mapping grid is the way to go.

The con-tractor who professes to know QC insisted on using a Word template. Knowing it does not work well I said sure, go ahead, but you will have to work out the mappings which he refuses / can’t do.

He has 500 scripts to upload, advises this will take months ?!? A team of 4 will sort it in less than a day…..

Finally, he has TWO expected results per test step and asked me to re-write QC to cater for this!!

He is now doing phone a friend, and since suggested he has used Defects part of QC once…….

Anyone pulled a blag, and got away with glory, or suffered death?
    WTF are you on about?

Comment

who needs testing?
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Chef's executive summary

"A contractor said he knows a system no-one's ever heard, i know it better, i'm better than a contractor and can prove it .. blah blah"

Chef's response:

who gives a sh!t, if you're that good then fix my SQL problem in Technical.. please, i openly admit I know bugger all about SQL.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          My nomination is a guy working on behalf of a major IT company, said he knows TestDirector.

We need to upload his word test scripts into QC – anyone knowing their QC knows that getting the tests into a Excel template and exporting using the mapping grid is the way to go.

The con-tractor who professes to know QC insisted on using a Word template. Knowing it does not work well I said sure, go ahead, but you will have to work out the mappings which he refuses / can’t do.

He has 500 scripts to upload, advises this will take months ?!? A team of 4 will sort it in less than a day…..

Finally, he has TWO expected results per test step and asked me to re-write QC to cater for this!!

He is now doing phone a friend, and since suggested he has used Defects part of QC once…….

Anyone pulled a blag, and got away with glory, or suffered death?
          You still here?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            You still here?
            Sadly it would appear so...
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

My brain hurts
              are you working with Sasguru by any chance?
              It's the phone a friend bit that gave it away.
              He would have had to phone AtW
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
              X