• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russia cutting off oil?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Russia will go after Ukraine for sure - those dictator scumbags always escalate (Hitler also sounded half reasonable in taking over territories to "protect German citizens"), Ukraine is like Austria - Putin and his mates just wait for new president there that would play on their side.

Immediate sanctions on all members of Russian Govt, "Parliament", rich mates of Putin are necessary - check all their bank accounts for money laundering, FFS, when my sister was here 2 years ago I could not open her bank account with a handful of cash - and those ****ers bring in billions and nobody is asking them questions about money laundering.

It is insane to depend on dictators for essential stuff - if they were selling banans then it would not be so bad, but to have energy dependance knowing that the money you pay will go to arm the regime is crazy.
    Where does it stop AtW? The Russian people want Russia to reassert itself, but just how far will they go? Invading Georgia is one thing but would not invading Ukraine lead to out and out war with the West?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Russians want to assert themselves against the on rush of NATO but I cannot see them going so far as to spite their noses off to spite their faces by committing to all out war.

By the same token neither will the US. So they will come to some "agreement". And that agreement will necessarily involve Russia reclaiming all former Soviet territories.

HTH.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Where does it stop AtW? The Russian people want Russia to reassert itself, but just how far will they go? Invading Georgia is one thing but would not invading Ukraine lead to out and out war with the West?
        At the moment, no. They're not members of NATO and as others have stated, it's just posturing at the moment.

Poland, now that's a different story.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          By the same token neither will the US. So they will come to some "agreement". And that agreement will necessarily involve Russia reclaiming all former Soviet territories.

HTH.
          All former territory? I don't think so.
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            At the moment, no. They're not members of NATO and as others have stated, it's just posturing at the moment.

Poland, now that's a different story.
            Poland is in NATO. An attack on any NATO member is seen as an attack on all, and defensive measures are assured. That's the whole point. Don't think Russia is that crazy - either it's mutual self assured destruction, or a massive arse kicking.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              All former territory? I don't think so.
              Well the bits they want. There's nothing we can do about it.
              They must be cackling in the Kremlin when the EU talks about sanctions - we need their stuff (gas, oil) more than they need ours.
              Welcome to realpolitik.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH.
                Does that include Eastern Europe?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Poland is in NATO. An attack on any NATO member is seen as an attack on all, and defensive measures are assured. That's the whole point. Don't think Russia is that crazy - either it's mutual self assured destruction, or a massive arse kicking.

Is that not what I said? We were talking about Ukraine.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Does that include Eastern Europe?
                    See above. They'll keep control of the bits they want, even if not directly.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      Is that not what I said? We were talking about Ukraine.
                      Yeah, think I misunderstood your point. Fair doos, I'm on a roll today.
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X