• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS - NATO SHIPS in black sea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you really think that:

Russia doesn't monitor our ships where they are in the world anyway.

Russian "diplomats" don't sit at the end of RAF runways watching what is taking off.

There isn't a whole heap of diplomats in each country taking an unhealthy interest in govt department workers in each country.

The UK/US doesn't do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      What like the South Atlantic guard ship currently sat in the Caribbean (HMS Iron Duke)
      It's hurricane season. Also they’ve had one of the Princes onboard for a jolly in the Caribbean.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Likely - are you in a hurry?
        Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          according to that, we only have marines in Plymouth... that is so wrong...
          I think that's purely an indicator of where the HQ is. 3 brigade aren't deployed yet, so it will still be Stonehouse. I don't think there's anyone up at Faslane as the whole Brigade's going across, I think Churchill may be best placed to answer.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Russia’s Warships Arrived in Abkhazia

The warships of Russia arrived in Abkhazia’s Sukhumi port of the Black Sea, Interfax reported.

This first official friendly visit of warships to Abkhazia is aimed at easing the nation’s concern triggered by strengthening of NATO group of warships in the Black Sea.

President of Georgia’s breakaway Abkhazia Sergei Bagapsh proposed to create conditions to host warships of the RF Black Sea Fleet for a while.

Russia recognized independence of Abkhazia and South Ossetia yesterday, August 26.

“You know yourselves how active they are in Georgia, in Batumi and Poti in part of strengthening NATO’s naval forces and we will be taking actions to respond,” Abkhazia’s president told Interfax, pointing out that they will endeavor to make it possible to temporarily station warships of Russia in Sukhumi.

Living through another Cuba

it's 1961 again and we are piggy in the middle
            while war is polishing his drum and peace plays second fiddle

Russia and America are at each other's throats
            but don't you cry

just on your knees and pray, and while you're
            down there, kiss your arse goodbye

We're the bulldog on the fence
            while others play their tennis overhead

it's hardly love all and somebody might
            wind up red or dead

pour some oil on the water quick
            it doesn't really matter where from
            he love me, he loves me not
            he's pulling fins from an atom bomb

This phenomenon happens every 20 years or so
            if they're not careful your watch won't be the
            only thing with a radioactive glow

I'll stick my fingers in my ears
            and hope they make it up before too late

if we get through this lot alright
            they're due for replay, 2008

XTC
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 August 2008, 15:25.

Comment

Of course ... next web-site visitors will be able to maneuver and operate the ships turrets ..
              Fantastic idea !

Like COD4, but only real and with ships !

All from the comfort of your browser !

Pew Pew Evil Ruskies !

I think I'll submit this to the CUK Dragon's Den as my business idea.

Mozilla Point Click Kill...putting the Fire back in Firefox !
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
              X