• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Millipede, Sarko, Merkel - Shut it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a post from my link to a Georgian Bloggers site:

Sunday, August 10, 2008
    Status of war

Okay people, I can't tell you where I am right now but I will try to post some info from our, georgian side.

Everything began on 7th of August, when South Ossetian forces started fire towards georgian villages.

Our answer was to ceise fire - what did not happened, so georgian forces began to move into South Ossetian territory to stop the separatists.

That night georgian forces occupied Tskhinvali and the fire was stopped.

Kokoity and his administration flew to village of Djava under protection of russian peacekeepers.

Another day - 8th of August russian troops started to invade South Ossetia and at the same time to bomb some military and civilian targets across Georgia - towns of Gori, Senaki, Zugdidi, port of Poti and numerous georgian military bases, as well as Tskhinvali itself.

Georgian official losses - 40 soldiers and 17 civilians.

Today's situation:

Abkhazia attacked Kodori and thereby opened a second war front for Georgia.

This morning at 7 AM russian aircraft bombed an aircraft factory near Airport of Tbilisi.

More than 300 tanks and 10 000 soldiers of the russian 58th army (NOT peacekeepers) are now in South Ossetia and they plan to attack Zugdidi in western Georgia.

This is an undeclared war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Start with this from a post of mine a few weeks ago:

The latest news from my Georgian friend right now is that the Russians have invaded Georgia from the sea ...Oh dear !!!

Also, Georgia attacked Ossetia after attack from Ossetia.... read this blog from a fighter.... so Russia apparently DID instigate this war:

http://www.dgiuri.com/
      Erm. Thanks for that. Do you have any other links? News agencies, for example? Not sure about the authority of this blog. Quoting your own posts isn't really proof of anything.

Honestly, I would be interested to see evidence of S Ossetia firing rockets at Georgia for weeks prior to their military action, and would appreciate links that support this.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Erm. Thanks for that. Do you have any other links? News agencies, for example? Not sure about the authority of this blog. Quoting your own posts isn't really proof of anything.

Honestly, I would be interested to see evidence of S Ossetia firing rockets at Georgia for weeks prior to their military action, and would appreciate links that support this.

Read through the linked bloggers site... there are many other posters..... and make your own mind up. Sorry but I have other work to do.
        I have also posted on my previous thread that you can now see, and it appears that unfortunately what I predicted is actually materialising.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Read through the linked bloggers site... there are many other posters..... and make your own mind up. Sorry but I have other work to do.
          I have also posted on my previous thread that you can now see, and it appears that unfortunately what I predicted is actually materialising.
          I understand you're busy - I'm not going to take posts by random people on a random Georgian blog as a relatively unbiased source. I'm looking for news reports, AP, newswires, Beeb, FT, that kind of thing. Did a quick search myself but nothing that backs up what you're saying.

It would be interesting if you're right. It's up to you to support your claims with objective sources.

Comment

Whenever you have the time, CyberMan.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              Whenever you have the time, CyberMan.
              Don't hold your breath. He's taken over joint leadership of the CUK Village Idiots club together with Incognito.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Don't hold your breath. He's taken over joint leadership of the CUK Village Idiots club together with Incognito.
                Unfortunately you took lifetime ownership of that award a long time ago. I can produce some more slanted research if you want me to back up my statement? That seems to be how you discuss points Sas.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  He's too busy coming up with the brilliant and witty term "nitwit" for me to bother with any facts to back up his ridiculous claims. Situation normal.

Comment

Millipede

Can't take this Mr Bean look-alike seriously, lately posturing in Ukraine. Are we trying to fan the flames of a new war? What is he doing there - apart from furthering his own political career, until he realises what a political dwarf he is - is it encouraging Ukraine to do what Georgia has done? Or creating a diversion for the failure of his Gov't ?

Comment

Originally posted by TinTin View Post
                      Can't take this Mr Bean look-alike seriously, lately posturing in Ukraine. Are we trying to fan the flames of a new war? What is he doing there - apart from furthering his own political career, until he realises what a political dwarf he is - is it encouraging Ukraine to do what Georgia has done? Or creating a diversion for the failure of his Gov't ?
                      I figured it out. Obvious really. Job application innit. Top spot vacancy coming up shortly. Look forward to election battle of the Daves. Dave Vs. Dave.

Regarding who started it debate - Russia of course. As any armchair general knows. Started, Managed, Finished. Well run project IMO with minimal casualties.
                      Bored.

Comment

Working...
                      X