• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you food shop? (poll + opinions)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you food shop? (poll + opinions)

Well I think I've finally accepted that M&S has better food than anywhere else, it might be a bit more expensive but I think it's worth the extra... anyone else a fan of their food?
    Tesco
    34.48%
    ASDA
    3.45%
    M&S
    10.34%
    Sainsburys
    13.79%
    Other (Netto/Aldi/SPAR/etc)
    37.93%
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Nah. We're contractors we all shop at Fortnum & Mason

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
      Well I think I've finally accepted that M&S has better food than anywhere else, it might be a bit more expensive but I think it's worth the extra... anyone else a fan of their food?
      What about Waitrose?

But do agree, M&S have the best food.

Comment

I shop at Tesco's and collect clubcard points for the AirMiles.

Once I have spent 30,000 quid with them I'll have enough points to get a fee flight to America or maybe somewhere nice instead.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Waitrose, mainly. M&S is good, but Waitrose has a wider selection of goods.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            I shop at Tesco's and collect clubcard points for the AirMiles.

Once I have spent 30,000 quid with them I'll have enough points to get a fee flight to America or maybe somewhere nice instead.
            Just get a contract at Tesco HQ and "tweak" the system.

Comment

Waitrose for me too.

Comment

M&S add too much salt in some products -

If it tastes to good to be true it probably is, this is just not salty food this is M&S food. See you in the cardiac ward.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Waitrose as well.

Comment

M&S was the first supermarket to ban transfats in their products. Banned in the USA and Denmark, they are in almost everything at ASDA and Tesco, including bread.

trans-fats lead to coronary heart disease, infertility and according to some american studies cancer.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles...articleId=2145

http://www.foodnavigator.com/Science...rogenated-fats
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 August 2008, 18:56.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X