• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you afraid of?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    You're pissed again, aren't you?
    opps hiccup.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

I am afraid of climbing ladders. Anything more than six feet up and I am petrified.
      No probs - I will go up any ladder, sway about a bit, listen to the rungs creek a bit (must go on a diet), and generally bunny hop the ladder across a few inches. But go on the roof No thanks ! If Chico thinks we should be scared of God, perhaps God sits up there on the roof and pushes people off.

As for poisonous snakes - as long as there aren't too many varieties it can't be all bad. As long as the local hosi has plenty of snake anti-venom, and a big colour chart of what they look like. However, some countries have so many, and are so large that you can be hours away from the hosi - then you're in big trouble.

There was a nice news story a couple of years ago, about a drunken bum in Queensland who lost a hand and part of an arm due to a snake. It bit him when he was p*ssed. So the snake was put in a sack (for identification ??? for amusement?? because they were aussies?) and they drove him to hosi. Unfortunately he was bitten another 27 times (I think) when he kept on putting his hand in the bag (to give the snake a good hiding???). Perhaps it is a better idea to keep a polaroid camera in the car to capture the snake on film, rather than a sack to capture the snake and get bitten repeatedly.

"For some stupid reason I stuck my hand back in the bag...."

What's more dangerous - a snake or a drunken aussie ??
      Last edited by datestamp; 24 August 2005, 16:27.

Comment

Oh dear

The bill I received this morning from the Inland Revenue certainly scared the hell out of me. Especially as I have only just got back from my honeymoon and am out of work at the moment and paying it would clear me out! Blimey those guy's are bastards.

Also frightened of snakes. So sympathy to Rebecca.

Comment

The only thing I have to fear, is fear itself

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            I am afraid of climbing ladders. Anything more than six feet up and I am petrified.
            So you're afraid of tall girls wearing stockings

Comment

i fear the sky falling on my head

Comment

Originally posted by WGAS
                So you're afraid of tall girls wearing stockings
                erm.....................excuse me.........................
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I'm afraid that if I get cut up much more on my way into work then I won't be responsible for my actions !
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                    I'm afraid that if I get cut up much more on my way into work then I won't be responsible for my actions !
                    Not to worry, you'll get pissed again at lunchtime and driving home won't be that much of a problem, will it?

I'm afraid of driving home on the same road as n5gooner...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      I'm afraid of driving home on the same road as n5gooner...
                      I'm afraid of cars driven by small dogs
                      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                      X