• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you afraid of?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chico scares me.

Chico, you should fear God.

http://www.feargod.com/
    Last edited by Lucifer Box; 24 August 2005, 07:42.

Comment

Heights never used to bother me. But with age I find my unease increases when I'm up a tall ladder, on the roof, cliff, etc. Not quite a fear yet, but given a few more years I'm sure it will be bungalow life for me!
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

LB for once I agree with you - I only fear God.
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

1 Samuel 12:24
          But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

Psalm 34:9
          Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.

Proverbs 1:7
          The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

Proverbs 3:7
          Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.

Proverbs 22:4
          Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
            Heights never used to bother me. But with age I find my unease increases when I'm up a tall ladder, on the roof, cliff, etc. Not quite a fear yet, but given a few more years I'm sure it will be bungalow life for me!
            I'd second that - its a feal of falling I think - or the what would happen if I fell from here...........
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

The only 2 things I fear - In order are

- My wife
              - Failure

How has Chico turned a reasonable post into a Bible session ?
              Go to god.com forums !!
              Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                I'd second that - its a feal of falling I think - or the what would happen if I fell from here...........
                I read once, and I can relate to the idea, that it is not the height, nor the drop, but actualy a fear that
                a) You might fall off.
                b) You might step or even jump off.

Remember it is not the fall that kills you, it is the sudden stop at the bottom!
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
                  The only 2 things I fear - In order are
                  - My wife
                  How could I forget... Yep, put that to the top of my list
                  Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Two causes, first off both myself, as a toddler and my mother would have died to a black mamba in my home in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) if not for the family dobberman refuseing to allow us to enter the house because it knew what was inside, if the dog had not stoped us is virtually guaranteed we would have died as it was in the hallway but before the light switch so we would have stepped on it in the dark without seeing it (guess what is now our fav dog type ) .

That's the kind of story I love - surely no argument here that dogs are our best friends!!
                    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

I am afraid that my pet mamba is not getting enough to eat

damn those Dobermans!!

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X