• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are you afraid of?"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    erm.....................excuse me.........................
    Thats better, don't do that to me so early in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I'm afraid of driving home on the same road as n5gooner...
    I'm afraid of cars driven by small dogs

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    I'm afraid that if I get cut up much more on my way into work then I won't be responsible for my actions !
    Not to worry, you'll get pissed again at lunchtime and driving home won't be that much of a problem, will it?

I'm afraid of driving home on the same road as n5gooner...

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I'm afraid that if I get cut up much more on my way into work then I won't be responsible for my actions !

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by WGAS
    So you're afraid of tall girls wearing stockings
    erm.....................excuse me.........................

Leave a comment:

• ahardy66
    replied
    i fear the sky falling on my head

Leave a comment:

• WGAS
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I am afraid of climbing ladders. Anything more than six feet up and I am petrified.
    So you're afraid of tall girls wearing stockings

Leave a comment:

• WGAS
    replied
    The only thing I have to fear, is fear itself

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Oh dear

The bill I received this morning from the Inland Revenue certainly scared the hell out of me. Especially as I have only just got back from my honeymoon and am out of work at the moment and paying it would clear me out! Blimey those guy's are bastards.

Also frightened of snakes. So sympathy to Rebecca.

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    I am afraid of climbing ladders. Anything more than six feet up and I am petrified.
    No probs - I will go up any ladder, sway about a bit, listen to the rungs creek a bit (must go on a diet), and generally bunny hop the ladder across a few inches. But go on the roof No thanks ! If Chico thinks we should be scared of God, perhaps God sits up there on the roof and pushes people off.

As for poisonous snakes - as long as there aren't too many varieties it can't be all bad. As long as the local hosi has plenty of snake anti-venom, and a big colour chart of what they look like. However, some countries have so many, and are so large that you can be hours away from the hosi - then you're in big trouble.

There was a nice news story a couple of years ago, about a drunken bum in Queensland who lost a hand and part of an arm due to a snake. It bit him when he was p*ssed. So the snake was put in a sack (for identification ??? for amusement?? because they were aussies?) and they drove him to hosi. Unfortunately he was bitten another 27 times (I think) when he kept on putting his hand in the bag (to give the snake a good hiding???). Perhaps it is a better idea to keep a polaroid camera in the car to capture the snake on film, rather than a sack to capture the snake and get bitten repeatedly.

"For some stupid reason I stuck my hand back in the bag...."

What's more dangerous - a snake or a drunken aussie ??
    Last edited by datestamp; 24 August 2005, 16:27.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    You're pissed again, aren't you?
    opps hiccup.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    The thing that would scare me most would be getting stuck in a lift with Chico.
    Hey, moderator, this thread is just getting nasty now.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    fiver a trick - who rates are rising ! I only pay the .net monkeys £2.50

You're pissed again, aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Heights. Flying. Waking up unable to move. Going deaf. Feeling unreal.
    Pretty average Sunday morning really.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    fiver a trick - who rates are rising ! I only pay the .net monkeys £2.50

Leave a comment:

Working...
X