• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

419 Scams - is this the most ridiculous yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kess View Post
    I had one a few days ago informing me I had been left money in the will of the late Luciano Pavarotti.

Perhaps Pavarotti had heard me singing in the bath and decided I needed lessons?

Had another one about ten minutes ago - purporting to be from the Irish Lottery, telling me that I have won $1 billion (yes, that's US Dollars) on a ticket I bought in 1993.

Firstly, I didn't have an email address in 1993 (being not too far out of short trousers), so how do they know it's me?!

Second, I've never played the Irish Lottery!!

Jeeez, it's enough to make you weep (with helpless laughter), isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by P1mpAndPr0ud View Post

Had another one about ten minutes ago - purporting to be from the Irish Lottery, telling me that I have won $1 billion (yes, that's US Dollars) on a ticket I bought in 1993.

Firstly, I didn't have an email address in 1993 (being not too far out of short trousers), so how do they know it's me?!

Second, I've never played the Irish Lottery!!

Jeeez, it's enough to make you weep (with helpless laughter), isn't it?
      yeh i got one last week! Just waiting for my money now....

Comment

Perhaps we should do some communal baiting - see 419eaters.com - I reckon we could come up with some plausible baiting to get something out of one of the feckers. Perhaps we could endeavour to get a CUK themed something - perhaps get them to get a CUK tattoo : "I CUK" or something...
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Checked my email this morning as usual, only to be confronted by...

From the Desk Of Mr.Gaba Musa
          Director,International Remittance.
          Foreign Operations Department,
          United Bank Of Aston Villa (UBA)29 Seaford cresent, London
          SE1 7DD.
          United Kingdom

Dear Customer

Welcome to the UBA Bank loan Department, Best Loan offer opportunity to
          people of all Nations. We offer all kinds of loans ranging from Business
          Loan, House Loan, Personal Loan, Educational Loan, Project/Contract Loan
          at a flat Rate of 2 % interest. All Loan Applications are processed and
          Payments made within a week. If interested send the information below to;
          Contact Mr Gaba Musa with E-mail:[email protected]

BORROWER INFORMATION FILL IN BELLOW:
          Full Names:
          Sex:
          Your Marital Status:
          Your Occupation:
          Tel No:
          Country Of Origin:
          Amount Needed as Loan:
          Purpose:
          Duration of Loan:

Regards,

Mr Gaba Musa.

Has anyone had one as patently empty-headed and ridiculous as this? Answers on a postcard...
          My name is Price Umdo Dinger. I have been looking for a bank like Aston Villa to invest my $1,000,000,000 inheritance. Please send a transfer fee of $10,000 to my UK bank and you can deduct the fee when you receive my deposit.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Checked my email this morning as usual, only to be confronted by...

From the Desk Of Mr.Gaba Musa
            Foreign Operations Department,
            United Bank Of Aston Villa (UBA)29 Seaford cresent, London
            SE1 7DD.
            United Kingdom

Dear Customer

Welcome to the UBA Bank loan Department, Best Loan offer opportunity to
            people of all Nations. We offer all kinds of loans ranging from Business
            Loan, House Loan, Personal Loan, Educational Loan, Project/Contract Loan
            at a flat Rate of 2 % interest. All Loan Applications are processed and
            Payments made within a week. If interested send the information below to;
            Contact Mr Gaba Musa with E-mail:[email protected]

BORROWER INFORMATION FILL IN BELLOW:
            Full Names:
            Sex:
            Your Marital Status:
            Your Occupation:
            Tel No:
            Country Of Origin:
            Amount Needed as Loan:
            Purpose:
            Duration of Loan:

Regards,

Mr Gaba Musa.

Has anyone had one as patently empty-headed and ridiculous as this? Answers on a postcard...
            No Seaford Crescent in LOndon - though SE1 7DD exists. Not a good start.....

Comment

Working...
            X