• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Discussing rate with client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussing rate with client

IF im put forward for a role by an agency, is it a bad idea to ask what the rate is at the interview, if I have a feeling the agent is trying to pocket a little too much?

Go ahead if you want to signal to the client that you are the type of person who will burden the client with your personal problems.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by churkus View Post
      IF im put forward for a role by an agency, is it a bad idea to ask what the rate is at the interview, if I have a feeling the agent is trying to pocket a little too much?
      I wouldn't since the contract you will possibly have will be between you and the agency not you and the client.

I've had contractors ask me at interviews what the rate is and I've directed them to talk to their agency, it comes over as rather unprofessional of the contractor.

Comment

I've asked the client if they don't mind telling me the margin before.

Comment

Each to their own. For my part, I never talk to the client about rate. Although they have asked me a couple of times at interview and I have directed them to the agent...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            Go ahead if you want to signal to the client that you are the type of person who will burden the client with your personal problems.

Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
            X