• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pakistanis jubilant over Musharraf's resignation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistanis jubilant over Musharraf's resignation

Lawyers, who have spearheaded an anti-Musharraf campaign since he tried to sack the chief justice last year, stormed out of courts in the southeastern city of Multan on hearing of Musharraf's resignation, shouting "Down with the American stooge."

Now we wait for a new wave of Terrorism supported by the soon to come, New Pakistan anti west government.

Link
    Last edited by Diver; 19 August 2008, 07:35.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Now we wait for a new wave of Terrorism supported by the soon to come, New Pakistan anti west government.
    Maybe we should have been building ties with the democratically elected politicians, and backing their judiciary rather than than the military dictator ...

And let's be fair, anti-Americanism is pretty rife in any country in the world you care to visit.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Maybe we should have been building ties with the democratically elected politicians, and backing their judiciary rather than than the military dictator ...

And let's be fair, anti-Americanism is pretty rife in any country in the world you care to visit.
      That's the problem, Diver doesn't leave his bedroom so wouldn't know

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

There's plenty of American Bashing going on here. Remember Tone was known as the "American Poodle"(sic).

Recall that Bush wanted Mush. gone in November - replaced by someone hand-picked by Bhutto. Now if her widower becomes president..then really we all wonder if it was he who had her shot.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          That's the problem, Diver doesn't leave his bedroom so wouldn't know :wink
          Here I have everything at my fingertips
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Here I have everything at my fingertips
            Those that are still attached to your hands anyway...

Comment

So, going well so far:

Violence flares along Pakistan border after Musharraf exit

A team of suicide bombers mounted a failed attempt to storm Camp Salerno, the second largest American base in Afghanistan, which lies less than 20 miles from the border with Pakistan. At least six bombers attacked the base, with three detonating their vests and up to 13 militants killed. There were no reports of American casualties.

“A most intense terrorist mass suicide operation was thwarted,” the Afghan defence ministry said in a statement.

Across the border in Peshawar, capital of Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province, at least 23 people were killed when a suicide bomber struck a hospital in the city. The dead included civilians and policemen, with up to 35 wounded, according to local police.

The blast is believed to having targeted Shia Muslims, as part of a chain of sectarian attacks in the region. A Shia man shot earlier in the day had been taken to the hospital, where he died of his

In separate violence in the Bajaur tribal district to the north of Peshawar, five Pakistani soldiers and 13 Taleban militants were reported dead in an attack on a checkpoint near the town of Khar, close to the Afghan border.

Ten French soldiers killed in Taleban ambush
              Bored.

Comment

I AM VERY ANGRY ABOT THIS!. WHEN WILL PEOPLE REALISE THAT IRAN IS TURNING BRITAIN INTO BRITAINISTAN. WHEN WILL GORDON INTRODUCE ZERO TOLERANCE. NEED I SAY MORE!!!

Common sence scotland

Comment

BRITAINISTAN
                  catchy!

Comment

Working...
                  X