• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Middle of the road poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the "get as close behind them as possible, flash lights and gesticulate wildly. If they pull over burn past them while sounding horn and flicking the v while mouthing 'winker'. If they don't pull over then over take in lane 3 then pull in front of them, give universal sign of the winker so they clearly see and slow down to slower than them so they can see what annoyed you." option?

Mrs ferret now groans if she sees someone in front of us hogging the middle lane, she knows the score
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
      Where is the "get as close behind them as possible, flash lights and gesticulate wildly. If they pull over burn past them while sounding horn and flicking the v while mouthing 'winker'. If they don't pull over then over take in lane 3 then pull in front of them, give universal sign of the winker so they clearly see and slow down to slower than them so they can see what annoyed you." option?

Mrs ferret now groans if she sees someone in front of us hogging the middle lane, she knows the score
      Do you behave like that out of the car, if say someone is walking down the path a bit slower than you would like?

What strange people.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Do you behave like that out of the car, if say someone is walking down the path a bit slower than you would like?

What strange people.
        I just shoulder past them
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

What strange people.
          No highway code for the pavement.
          my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
            No highway code for the pavement.
            Is your behaviour in the Highway code then?

What do you do if see someone parked on double yellows?

Comment

Park behind them

Comment

unfortunately you only see the car, very rare to see the person as well.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  unfortunately you only see the car, very rare to see the person as well.
                  If They are obstructing you. get out and walk casually past their car while dragging the tip of a screwdriver through their paintwork.
                  I have done this several times in the past, and it always releases tension and makes me feel a lot better.

HTH

Comment

ooooooh eeee chirpy chirpy cheep cheep.

Last night I heard your mama singing this song..................

<TLG wanders off singing.>
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      If They are obstructing you. get out and walk casually past their car while dragging the tip of a screwdriver through their paintwork.
                      I have done this several times in the past, and it always releases tension and makes me feel a lot better.

HTH
                      There is a blind chap where I live who has a terrific way of dealing with bad parking and obstructing pedestrian crossings and stuff.
                      He walks into the obstruction and then sets about whacking it and proding it with his large white stick with a ball on the end whilst shouting "what the **** is this in my way". Very amusing.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X