• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Middle Laners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Surely this thread should have been started by Wilmslow.
    this is a thread about driving, not parking
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      GET OVER TO THE LEFT-HAND LANE, YOU MUPPET!!!!!!

Getting into the left hand lane for what would be 2 or 3 car lengths is just pointless, and would make me look just a big a tosspot as you
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

GET OVER TO THE LEFT-HAND LANE, YOU MUPPET!!!!!!

How big a gap in the left lane consitutes a big enough gap to pull over?

If the left lane is full of lorries and old duffers at 68 MPH and I'mn doing 75 MPH and the only gaps are safety distances between the left lane vehicles, should I really be pulling in and pulling out a 100 times or more?

I've seen people do this (in and out every few seconds into tiny gaps) causing all sorts of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
          Getting into the left hand lane for what would be 2 or 3 car lengths is just pointless, and would make me look just a big a tosspot as you
          Me mooning you as I under-take you:

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I've seen people do this (in and out every few seconds into tiny gaps) causing all sorts of problems.
            Agreed.

It is those that 'sit' in the middle lane when there is nowt in the left-hand lane that annoy me.

Comment

Agreed.

It is those that 'sit' in the middle lane when there is nowt in the left-hand lane that annoy me.
              That's fair enough, but a lot of people take "I can see a car in the left lane 2 miles away" as meaning the left lane is full.

I do notice Women like to drive in the middle lane in these circumstances because:

1. You have two nice white lines to follow on either side.
              2. The outside lane is full of meanies and a vicious looking barrier to scrape.
              3. The inside lane is full of lorries and I might get confused by the hard shoulder.

Comment

That's fair enough, but a lot of people take "I can see a car in the left lane 2 miles away" as meaning the left lane is full.
                Thems the ones to be mooned.

I do notice Women like to drive in the middle lane in these circumstances because:

1. You have two nice white lines to follow on either side.
                2. The outside lane is full of meanies and a vicious looking barrier to scrape.
                3. The inside lane is full of lorries and I might get confused by the hard shoulder.
                I'll leave it to the female CUKers to reply to this...

Comment

If the left lane is full of lorries and old duffers at 68 MPH and I'mn doing 75 MPH and the only gaps are safety distances between the left lane vehicles, should I really be pulling in and pulling out a 100 times or more?
                  Depends on the circumstances. If there's nobody behind you, then there's no point, and to do so would be silly. On the other hand, if somebody is coming up behind you at 90mph, you could easily move over and move back without slowing either of you up. So why wouldn't you?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Can you please try and justify your inability to use lanes properly pleas
                    If the people in the outside lane were not going sub 100 I wouldn't need to overtake them.

Comment

Agreed.

I like to use these drivers to test my reaction times and brakes, and check the xenons are working ok on full beam.

Comment

Working...
                      X