• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Continued violence in Georgia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    And Leeds, and Leicester, and Slough, and Bolton, and Hounslow and most of East London . . . etc, etc etc
    So not such a hardship after all.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You are forgetting the British people have £1,000,000,000,000+ in equity in their homes. We could release this equity together and buy the biggest. most technically advanced military in the world. If we wanted to.

Instead we'll spend it at the Land of Leather half price sale.

Comment

That the Ruskies packed-up and went home (sort of) means, I suspect, that they took heed of something said to them by us (and, more importantly, the Yanks). It's a bit out of character of them to up-stumps like they did.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          We'd have to bomb Bradford for starters.
          Will there be any noticeable difference?
          B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            That the Ruskies packed-up and went home (sort of) means, I suspect, that they took heed of something said to them by us (and, more importantly, the Yanks). It's a bit out of character of them to up-stumps like they did.
            Seems they had a change of heart.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Invasion

Well as mentioned here it is starting to look like more of an invasion of Georgia. My question is, once the Russians reach Tblisi, what are they going to do?
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Seems they had a change of heart.
                My posting seems to have been a pile of old cobblers! Apologies all round! Nicky G, care to share your food stockpile?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  They have done nothing of the sort yet. There will be a strong russian presence in the area for a while yet. The US have zero leverage, and both sides know it. The russians will not stop until they have met each of their objectives. The georgians gambled, lost, and will now pay badly for it.
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                    Well as mentioned here it is starting to look like more of an invasion of Georgia. My question is, once the Russians reach Tblisi, what are they going to do?
                    They wont go into Tblisi, there is nothing in it for them. They dont want to control/annex georgia.
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                      They have done nothing of the sort yet. There will be a strong russian presence in the area for a while yet. The US have zero leverage, and both sides know it. The russians will not stop until they have met each of their objectives. The georgians gambled, lost, and will now pay badly for it.
                      The US have zero leverage, and both sides know it.
                      Not too sure about that - I suspect that the "inaction" is just to keep the peace.

The russians will not stop until they have met each of their objectives.
                      And what are they?

The georgians gambled, lost, and will now pay badly for it
                      Absolutely!

Comment

Working...
                      X