• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drivers left with negative equity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Have you seen the state of the tarmac outside the local school? It's not safe to drive in anything less than a Porsche Cayenne.

Besides you can't fit the 4x4 child pushchair with extra large tyres and sat nav in a smaller car.

Porsche Cayenne S

Comment

I really don't see how a £200 a year tax raise can push a car much under £1k-£2k downwards. £200 a year extra for 10 years is only £2k. Most people don't keep a car that long anyway. Car salesmen and other neerdowells using the tax hikes to depress car figures are just at it, explain this simple piece of arithmetic to them.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        To sit high up.

The smaller the woman, the bigger the car.
        Fine, not got a problem with that, how about cars like the Renault Scenic, same wheelbase and width as a Megane but a good high driving position very sensible fuel economy (>45/gal on 1.9 diesel) and comfortably seat 5 including the driver. Excellent all round vision too.
        I used to have a Scenic which my now ex wife used for all the kids stuff, it wasn't flashy but it was hugely practical.

I have never understood how a 4x4 monster ticks the child carrying boxes better than the Astra/Megane/Focus/Golf sized people carriers. The Zafira is Astra based I believe and seats 7.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Fine, not got a problem with that, how about cars like the Renault Scenic, same wheelbase and width as a Megane but a good high driving position very sensible fuel economy (>45/gal on 1.9 diesel) and comfortably seat 5 including the driver. Excellent all round vision too.
          I used to have a Scenic which my now ex wife used for all the kids stuff, it wasn't flashy but it was hugely practical.

I have never understood how a 4x4 monster ticks the child carrying boxes better than the Astra/Megane/Focus/Golf sized people carriers. The Zafira is Astra based I believe and seats 7.
          Modern people carriers also have 5-star NCAP, where as the 4x4 is a death trap to the occupants and to any unlucky pedestrians.

But they don't have the prestige or drama of dropping little Timmy off to school as a tricked-up Toureg or Q7 do they?

Q7 parked next to an Audi TT.

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/rea...q7/header3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            where as the 4x4 is a death trap to the occupants and to any unlucky pedestrians.
            Only pedestrians? I had one veer uncomfortably close to me the other day and though if he had clipped me, his big wheels could just roll straight over my car. I wouldn't want to have a head on collision with a 4x4 - or any object more massive than my car for that matter.

Comment

where as the 4x4 is a death trap to the occupants and to any unlucky pedestrians.
              That's why they're so popular for the school run. Outside a school most pedestrians are children under 4 feet tall, and sat up in your big 4x4 you're too high up to have to look at their faces as you mow them down.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                That's why they're so popular for the school run. Outside a school most pedestrians are children under 4 feet tall, and sat up in your big 4x4 you're too high up to have to look at their faces as you mow them down.

Comment

Porsche Cayenne S
                  VeeDub Toe-rag

Comment

Cars are not assets nor are they investments though?

Comment

Plus you've got the whole GMPV thing if you leased it.. i mean if you take a care on hire purchase you'll always be in negative 'equity' surely as the price of a car goes down anyway from the moment you buy it?

Comment

Working...
                      X