• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get shot of the ITJobboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get shot of the ITJobboard

I'vee been getting bombarded with mail from these w***kers for weeks and no matter what I do they just will not go away. I've tried unsubscribing, mailing them, phoning them but all to no avail. Anyone successfully shaken 'em off? Dread to think how much their crap is costing my when I connect to email on my Blackberry.

Just wish they'd **** off that's all!

Comment

Yeah I had the same issue. Its linked to cwjobs.co.uk from memory, so you have to unsubscribe from them, or delete your profile or something. Terrible situation - I tried the unsubscribe link about 20 times

Comment

You could always block the originating email address or mark as spam - that was my solution after experiencing the same issues unsubscribing!

Comment

Yup it's CWJobs linked.

I got rid of them by removing all traces there and hitting unsubscribe links on all of the IT jobs and similar related emails over a period.

Every so often they appear to mine the jobsite.co.uk mail lists too.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Yup it's CWJobs linked.

I got rid of them by removing all traces there and hitting unsubscribe links on all of the IT jobs and similar related emails over a period.

Every so often they appear to mine the jobsite.co.uk mail lists too.
            I'm thinking we should locate their office/data centre, go down there mob-handed with a load of axes and destroy anything that looks remotely capable of sending an e-mail.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I'm thinking we should locate their office/data centre, go down there mob-handed with a load of axes and destroy anything that looks remotely capable of sending an e-mail.
              Their staff should be safe then......

igmc...

Comment

I had major problems with them refusing to acknowledge my unsubscribe requests, followed by direct emails to them to remove me from their lists, which also failed.

In the end it took an email from a firm of solicitors, requesting them to "cease and desist" harrassing their client.

Worked a treat.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X