• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed - Gordons just killed the housing market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Shame el gordo didnt manage to delfate the market years ago before all this got out of hand. The markets comming back to trend, regardless. Probably the sooner prices are back to 3.5 x avareage salary the better. And it WILL happen. Nothing can / should be done to prevent it.

Mark my words. House prices and transactions will recover when the average starter home falls to below £100K (outside London).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      On my stagger homewards in the evenings, I pass a house that I could have purchased on my credit card back in 1993...

I wish that I'd had the sense & the bottle to do so.
      It's over, nobody listens to techno.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        You are eminem and I claim my 5 free c(rap) song downloads

Comment

UK Property market not a zero-sum game anymore

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          "The CEBR says the lack of new homes in England is one of the key factors that will fuel the house price recovery... the demand for new housing continues from groups such as divorcees and immigrants."

So basically, if you want house prices to go up you should be praying for more immigrants. Fewer immigrants and prices won't recover.

That'll be a tough choice for some people on here
          Buy-to-let landlords should be worried. It's assumed that as the value of property goes down, rents will rise as people hold-off buying. However, if a significant number of tenants are EU immigrants that can just go home if things get really bad here (and return whenever they like) - there may be lots of empty property around in late-2009!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            So basically, if you want house prices to go up you should be praying for more immigrants.
            and lads mags resulting in more divorce.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Tokoloshe View Post
              Buy-to-let landlords should be worried. It's assumed that as the value of property goes down, rents will rise as people hold-off buying. However, if a significant number of tenants are EU immigrants that can just go home if things get really bad here (and return whenever they like) - there may be lots of empty property around in late-2009!
              I'm finding that my tenants are struggling to meet the increased rents I'm charging.

fek em
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                hey, what did I do?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                X