• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince2 Practitioner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
    JFDI development.
    I'm thinking of taking the JFDI Practioner certificate...I've heard it's an open head exam...
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Are you joking? Prince 2 Prac exam is easy! Its open book FFS! Find appropiate page and copy bullet point style.

Module 4 of the Freight CPC now thats a bitch of a exam.
      What was your score SuckPuppet? Did your exam not have a business case study to answer questions from?

Comment

Originally posted by HermanDune View Post
        What was your score SuckPuppet? Did your exam not have a business case study to answer questions from?
        SuckPuppet - hmm original.

Fark knows. Got a letter telling me I passed didn't look past that. Just added "Prince 2 Practioner" to the CV. Yes, it did have a case study.

Comment

I didn't get a score either, just a pass notification and certificate.

Comment

Allegedly...

...you can be informed of your score through your training provider if you went down that route. However, some don't as they are worried that if people score high enough they will set up as rival trainers.

This was imparted to me by a wise man who worked as a sales account person at a training provider.

Comment

What is the best way to go about doing both the foundation and practitioner? I bought the official PRINCE2 book and have worked my way through approximately 30% of the book.

Is it a case that I can just digest all the stuff, then take the book along with me and sit both exams the same day in an exam centre and with a bit of luck pass? Or would people advise doing an actual course? I've ran a basic project off the back of the methodology so know the basics so to speak, I'm currently reading the book to become familiar with the processes, is this enough to pass?

Cheers.
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                What is the best way to go about
                I'd have thought a course would be of great benefit. Can't think of any studies I've ever done that involved just a single book.

If your employer is nice/stupid, you may be able to get the course fees paid for by them.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                  What is the best way to go about doing both the foundation and practitioner? I bought the official PRINCE2 book and have worked my way through approximately 30% of the book.

Is it a case that I can just digest all the stuff, then take the book along with me and sit both exams the same day in an exam centre and with a bit of luck pass? Or would people advise doing an actual course? I've ran a basic project off the back of the methodology so know the basics so to speak, I'm currently reading the book to become familiar with the processes, is this enough to pass?

Cheers.
                  Have a look at http://www.maventraining.co.uk

Comment

Chris79 you can do it that way, but the chances of you wasting the exam fees are fairly high. The book does in fact contain all you need to pass the two exams, but I found it very indigestible.

In my opinion it's worth spending some cash on a course as the trainer I had gave a lot of tips, advice and exam practice which paid off with the whole course of 12 people passing Foundation and only one Practitioner fail.

Comment

In my experience the only 2 things from Prince 2 that are really valuable in project management is the PID and Product Descriptions. That way everyone knows what to expect.

The other 2 bits are a clear business case and a solid set of requirements, but I'm in wishful thinking territory now...

PS - plans are quite a good idea but I'm beginning to lose interzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X