• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday afternoon science :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Yes. Or more accurately, that atmospheric warming caused by CO2 is considerably less than 1 degree C per century.
    What evidence do you have for this statement?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wasn't this thread entitled Friday afternoon science?

Should it not now be closed, archived and referenced only in scientific journal type thingies, being it's now Monday?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yes. Or more accurately, that atmospheric warming caused by CO2 is considerably less than 1 degree C per century.

Can't believe I get sledded for cut & paste. On an internet forum
        Ok I can believe you or I can believe the Royal Society, which bluntly contradicts your figures. See Misleading arguments 4 and 5.

http://royalsociety.org/downloaddoc.asp?id=1630

Hmmm. I wonder on balance, which would be the wiser option?
        Some random loon on a forum or one of the world's most august scientific institutions.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'd go the Random Loon route every time. Chances of being right are far greater.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            What evidence do you have for this statement?
            http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Comparison.png

Not a great example. And naturally I disagree with the virtually exponential projected increase at the end (see below). But it shows natural variability in the recent past.

There are several factors that contribute to the "hockey stick" type graph. Not least is the over-reliance on a massively decreased pool of temperature measuring stations in city suburbs. The urban heat island is, real, powerful and measurable. More info: http://www.surfacestations.org/
            Bored.

Comment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Comparison.png

Not a great example. And naturally I disagree with the virtually exponential projected increase at the end (see below). But it shows natural variability in the recent past.

There are several factors that contribute to the "hockey stick" type graph. Not least is the over-reliance on a massively decreased pool of temperature measuring stations in city suburbs. The urban heat island is, real, powerful and measurable. More info: http://www.surfacestations.org/
              1. Yet again you post a link that contradicts you
              2. No one is disputing that natural variability exists.
              3. So now you've changed your tune and are saying the global temperature increase hasn't happened? Earlier you said it did but wasn't caused by CO2 increases.

Are you really stupid or a troll or both?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Jeez I hadn't realised that dumbing down had gone so far

That's the problem with post-modern education, everyone thinks their opinion is as important as everyone else's, even if they're ignorant as pig-tulip.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

That ain't science.

This is science

- ace00

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Jeez I hadn't realised that dumbing down had gone so far

That's the problem with post-modern education, everyone thinks their opinion is as important as everyone else's, even if they're ignorant as pig-tulip.
                    Exactly! Sas

Only our opinion is important, Right

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      That ain't science.

This is science

- ace00
                      Cool.

I may quote (copy paste) from this site, considerably over the coming months

Comment

Working...
                      X