• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headphones on public transport annoy people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Surely London contractors travel by cab and don't sit on some scummy tube or bus with all the nutters that make up a large % of the population?
    I drive myself to work.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      . . . says the guy whose av' is a guy on public transport and his location is "crapping on a train near you".
      Well Spot!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        . . . says the guy whose av' is a guy on public transport and his location is "crapping on a train near you".
        Its the Royal Train
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Surely London contractors travel by cab and don't sit on some scummy tube or bus with all the nutters that make up a large % of the population?

chauffeur driven limousine
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Why are your contemporaries scummy nutters?

Comment

I love listening to people having phone conversations on the train.
              It amazes me what people are prepared to give out in public.

I once sat opposite a noisy woman and by the end of the journey I knew hew name, her address, her phone number and email address and her bank account number with sort code and which branch she was at. I also found out she was a property landlord and the overflow pipe at one of her flats was pi$$ing out hot water. To top it all British Gas (customer number reveiled) who she had her plumbing contract with couldn't come out for another 24 hours.

I like to send people like this an email when I get home to put the willies up them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Why is the there a topic on public transport on a contractors forum?
                Proper contractors drive or get driven!

Can the mods delete this please
                I can take a bus from my office to my client's office in manc in the same time..and I don't have to park. its literally door to door. cost? £6 return. Cheaper than the train which would cost £11 and takes at least 1/2hr. longer.

Sure hope they're arn't any nuts on it.

You know they guy probably got bored. I lived out there in Winnipeg for 12 years. Them praries are flat..not a single hill or tree anywhere. boring.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Top tip: carry wire cutters and just snip through the headphone wire. Hey presto! tinny music stops (though you may be faced with an angry commuter, so you might want to learn some Derren Brown mind tricks)
                  We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                  - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Why is the there a topic on public transport on a contractors forum?
                    Proper contractors drive or get driven!

Can the mods delete this please
                    The trial that I was on the Jury for was regarding an assault on a bus.

It had been so long since I had been on a bus that I thought upstairs was still the smoking section.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      The trial that I was on the Jury for was regarding an assault on a bus.

It had been so long since I had been on a bus that I thought upstairs was still the smoking section.
                      They have an upstairs?
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X