• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning Geeks!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually took a look at this story and it is an interesting case. I think the curx is this:
    "Allegations include copying and deleting data and causing damage which cost more than 700,000 dollars to repair. "
    In other words, not so much accessing the systems, but what you do when there.
    If true then it's a straight up criminal case and he should take the plea, serve 24 months, ghost-write a book, retire. I hope it goes well for the lad though, obviousley just a case of Geekish larking about gone wrong.
    Bored.

Comment

Guilty or not he will not get a fair trial in the States.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Guilty or not he will not get a fair trial in the States.
        Indeed. I reckon he should have been prosecuted in the UK. But we have to do want the Americans want - I am not sure why...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Indeed. I reckon he should have been prosecuted in the UK. But we have to do want the Americans want - I am not sure why...
          Apparently they have the inalienable right to be prosecuted in their own country (USA). We have the inalienable right to be prosecuted in their country too (USA).

All your criminals belong U.S
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

This guy is never guilty. Here's the story:

The entire IT systems / networks department f**ked up and left their network wide open.
            This fool walked in looking for UFOs.
            Walked out again leaving big, dirty footprints.
            The 1 person in the building who knew what they were doing (there's always 1) traced the IP, reported to telco.
            Telco traces back to North London address.
            Rather than admit that they are clueless gimps DoD IT hit the nuclear button (now known as the terrorist button).
            DoD gimp boys remain in their very well-paying jobs. Space-dude get's an Orange jumpsuit.
            Watch out contractors - it could be you!
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              ....... Space-dude get's [sic] an Orange jumpsuit.
              Watch out contractors - it could be you!
              No chance of me having the technical know-how. I don't care about UFOs. I do already have the jumpsuit - it's ex-oil rig - was at the tip on Sunday - tip worker shouts "look that bloke's escaped from jail"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                So, what you are saying is if we do not hear from ZG for a while......
                More worrying is the thought of ZG hairdressing

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                  More worrying is the thought of ZG hairdressing
                  cross
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                  X