• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security breech worry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the letter of the law they could dismiss you.
    HOWEVER that is highly unlikely.
    As others have said, it depends a lot on the nature of the docs copied.
    You may actualy have commited a criminal offence if you took restricted (and other) docs on a USB stick.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Security breech worry

I would worry about those security breeches

Comment

I remember my time spent modelling the T62 tank in 1986 - suddenly some highly highly classified photos turned up. We went from Fort Knockholt to chobham - put in a room blinds closed. After a while looking at photos and taking notes I turned them over - they were marked at lowest level. I therefore asked why they were not top secret or something. I was told then the Russians would get to know about it - all the really secret stuff is marked as restricted and kept under lock and key.

Comment

I used a U3 USB stick with skype for 18 months before the client security people cottoned on to some application "phoning home". They didn't know what U3 was, and so were convinced that somehow my PC had got infected... They upgraded it and (because I stopped using skype), they problem went away.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No follow up from the OP I see.
            Disapeared, without trace.......
            Except his browser...history....
            You ain't seen me.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              We went from Fort Knockholt to chobham - put in a room blinds closed. After a while looking at photos..
              any Pot Noodles?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Outside of midwifery is there any other use for the word 'breech'?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Breech loading rifle.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    This one?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      By the letter of the law they could dismiss you.
                      HOWEVER that is highly unlikely.
                      As others have said, it depends a lot on the nature of the docs copied.
                      You may actualy have commited a criminal offence if you took restricted (and other) docs on a USB stick.
                      There was nothing marked as classified, it was mostly induction material, h & s contact details etc.

I’ve been asked to go to another site a few months so rather than having the hassle of finding it all again I thought I’d just pop it onto a stick.

Yes I now know its 'Breach'.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X