• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP economics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

PS "expressive arts" as opposed to what sort of arts exactly?
    as opposed to impressive arts
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      ... and we need people who know how the keep the lights on.
      Who for? Everyone is leaving.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You really are a Cyberdimwit aren't you?

You're just a pathetic individual SPASGURU and I can understand now why posters on here have their attitude towards you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          You're just a pathetic individual SPASGURU and I can understand now why posters on here have their attitude towards you.
          Aargh! Don't bite, He's playing the baiting game

>Shakes head and walks away<
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Aargh! Don't bite, He's playing the baiting game

>Shakes head and walks away<

I wish you had advised me of that earlier

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
              as opposed to impressive arts

In my days in the licensed trade, I once had the misfortune of working the bar (the contract for providing which had gone to the pub where I then worked) for the invitation-only first night of the Fine Arts Graduation Exhibition at the local polytechnic.

After all the punters had gone, and the bar stuff was packed up in the Transit, there were just my boss, the poly security chap, and myself left in there, and we had a wander around the gallery.

Pausing in front of one particular "work", my boss (who was a graduate, an accomplished musician, and generally no slouch when it came to the arts) gestured towards it and said, "Now that, to me, is just a waste of paint and canvas."

The security chap nodded, and added "And he got a First for that!"

And it was true...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In my days in the licensed trade, I once had the misfortune of working the bar
                You see, kids? This is how we used to pay the bills while were waiting for the 3rd generation computer languages to be written (probably by Zeity). Selling our bits in sleazy clubs and bars to pay for beer. Times was tough, back then.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

Yes I do like SPAs in general
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                  X