• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason not to visit Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Did it have black pudding and fried tattie scone?
    of course. But in the land of hope and glory it is known as Lancashire black pudding and hash Browns

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      So moronic nationalism? What is that exactly, you mean the rise of the SNP for example, or just general jingoistic rubbish (Which we've always had, as long as I can remember).
      I mean MORONIC nationalism, not the political one - which may or may not be moronic, I don't know yet. financial Independence from Westminster is one thing you can argue with facts, but the people who define their identity as a hatred for some other country are losers beyond belief.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        of course. But in the land of hope and glory it is known as Lancashire black pudding and hash Browns

I shall be collecting some from Bury Market next Tuesday!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          The B@stards. It's a full English breakfast you jock gits.
          The Full Scottish and Full Irish are subtly different from the Full English, though. Mostly to do with soda farls, tattie scones, white pudding and their ilk. And of course the exclusion of the tomato, which as a vegetable/fruit has no place on a Scottish plate.

You'd report them to trading standards if they called it a Full English.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I shall be collecting some from Bury Market next Tuesday!
            Cant stand the stuff but I understand Bury market is a good place to buy it. Will you be purchasing some Lancashire cheese too?
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              but the people who define their identity as a hatred for some other country are losers beyond belief.
              Agree with that - always thought it was sad that some of my compatriots identities seem to be defined by hating the English. Then again, every country has it's share of idiots.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The Full Scottish and Full Irish are subtly different from the Full English, though. Mostly to do with soda farls, tattie scones, white pudding and their ilk. And of course the exclusion of the tomato, which as a vegetable/fruit has no place on a Scottish plate.

No No No.

no.

Its a full english brekky, without the tomato please.

(gimme a minute while i google soda farls)

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

When did it become a full English anyway? I remember when I was a kid it was just listed as a cooked breakfast in most of GB, though an Ulster fry was always an Ulster fry.
                  I think the "full English" started with Brits in Benidorm and Megamuff. All the "British" pubs doing all day breakfasts etc. Even the Irish pubs did the "full English".
                  Of late there has been the reactionary "full Scottish" and "full Irish" though I do understand the differences in what is on the plate. What is on the plate varies within the countries in question anyway so can the "full" be defined at all?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    When did it become a full English anyway? I remember when I was a kid it was just listed as a cooked breakfast in most of GB, though an Ulster fry was always an Ulster fry.
                    I think the "full English" started with Brits in Benidorm and Megamuff. All the "British" pubs doing all day breakfasts etc. Even the Irish pubs did the "full English".
                    Of late there has been the reactionary "full Scottish" and "full Irish" though I do understand the differences in what is on the plate. What is on the plate varies within the countries in question anyway so can the "full" be defined at all?
                    We have managed to geek-ify brekkie - without RH.....
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      According to Wikipedia, which you lot have forced me to look up this morning, the first recorded full brekkie was actually called the Full Scotch. So there.

Comment

Working...
                      X