• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Finance Fraud? Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As he is leaving and seems to be running up some large debts why not apply for a couple of credit cards in his name, max them out and then tell the bailiffs he has done a runner owing loads. Tell em he owes you rent too. Tell em you will have to change the locks as someone is picking up his mail and must have a set of keys.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
      Having said that, if anyone gets blacklisted against a property address, it makes it even harder for the next occupant to get credit.
      Wrong answer caller. Guess again.

Linky
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
        Wrong answer caller. Guess again.

Linky
        What you say is true in theory - not in practice though. More likely to be declined if such occurs.

Comment

What you say is true in theory - not in practice though. More likely to be declined if such occurs.

Don't talk tulipe. Any party that blacklists a property is leaving themselves wide open to be sued for damages.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Once again, the term 'blacklisted' does not exist. You are 'approved' or 'declined' for credit, that's all. BTW, you can't sue for being declined, unless that's an infringement of your 'human rights'

PS Are you oracleslave in disguise?

Comment

As he is leaving and seems to be running up some large debts why not apply for a couple of credit cards in his name, max them out and then tell the bailiffs he has done a runner owing loads. Tell em he owes you rent too. Tell em you will have to change the locks as someone is picking up his mail and must have a set of keys.
              BTW. That was a joke. I couldnt possibly advocate breaking the law in such a way.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

BTW. That was a joke. I couldnt possibly advocate breaking the law in such a way.
                <TLG in Back peddling frantically mode>
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  <TLG in Back peddling frantically mode>
                  absolutely.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Once again, the term 'blacklisted' does not exist. You are 'approved' or 'declined' for credit, that's all. BTW, you can't sue for being declined, unless that's an infringement of your 'human rights'

PS Are you oracleslave in disguise?
                    The only way a finance company could know about another persons transgressions are if they're linked into your history in your personal credit file or unless the other person had defaulted against that finance company.

You will be scored on your own personal credit file. If your personal credit file has details of someone elses defaults or CCJ's that affect your credit score you are quite within your rights to consider those statements libelous and sue for damages as long as you can quantify your loss (higher interest rates, etc).

Blacklisted looks like a term to me, tit.

Comment

Working...
                    X