• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming Nonsense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    Old news monkey buoy

Mailman
    Sorry my mistake, I didn't realise the CUK village idiots were having a day out.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Sorry my mistake, I didn't realise the CUK village idiots were having a day out.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Oh man, how much damage did that programme ("The Great Global Warming Swindle") do? People still quote it every day as gospel, even though they repeatedly get told the actual truth in other documentaries and scientifically accurate newspaper articles.

The bizarre thing is that greater criticism has not been aimed at Channel 4 because "the link between human activity and global warming... became settled before March 2007". So, they think that the link was completely established and therefore anything the programme said was irrelevant? That doesn't seem to tally at all with the actual effect it had.

But the main portion of the film, on climate science, did not breach these rules.

Ofcom's logic is that "the link between human activity and global warming... became settled before March 2007".

This being so, it says, climate science was not "controversial" at the time of broadcast, so Channel 4 did not break regulations by broadcasting something that challenged the link.

"That's a very big inconsistency," said Sir John Houghton. "They said it's completely settled, so why worry - so they can just broadcast any old rubbish."

While some of the 265 complaints received by Ofcom were short and straightforward, one group assembled a 176-page document alleging 137 breaches of the Broadcasting Code.

Channel 4 will have to broadcast a summary of the Ofcom ruling, but it brings no sanctions.
        Last edited by dang65; 21 July 2008, 15:26.

Comment

Working...
        X