• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop using chav: it's deeply offensive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids don't have Burberry skin when they are born..although they might have Burberry coloured parents). And they don't start life wanting to beat up people and vandalise their property.

They're told from an early age..your sh*t, your sh*t, your sh*t what chance have they got? Its small wonder that they envy your really nice car, want to have the 50" plasma tv in your house... etc

Poor people with little natural ability should be treated with a bit more respect at least give them that otherwise they'll just get more angry and it'll all go even more pear shaped.

I do find it a bit rich that all you tax dodgers go on about all the public services, If your a permie fair enough you pay your way.

Anyway I knew I was onto a looser with this one, I'm off to set a few cars allight and get out my spray can...crack rocks anyone?

Comment

interesting points

but here is another shocker

actual chavs do not necessarily come from working class/council estate backgrounds

they are actually the product of disfunctional families who have too much money

take the boy from the slum but cannot take the slum from the boy etc

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
        I'm live on a council estate, I find your patronising superiority rather anti-social so i guess that makes you a chav...and I bet you read the Mail or Express..

Why shouldn't they be anti-social, what has your 'society' offered them?

Perhaps these chavs should think about what they can offer society rather than being on the scrounge from the hard-working taxpayer.

Comment

I personally do not think there is anything wrong with the word 'Chav'. They know who were referring too and I think they enjoy being classed as such. It's not an abusive phrase, and I don't think it's aimed at lower classes or council esates per se, but they choose to act like they do and not use the Queens English 'as we all does' because they see it as a different culture, a trend they want to be in. Somehow is this country taking 'PC' to a completely different level. My viewpoint anyway, so I will shut up now

Comment

I'm live on a council estate, I find your patronising superiority rather anti-social so i guess that makes you a chav...and I bet you read the Mail or Express..

Why shouldn't they be anti-social, what has your 'society' offered them?
            Que the Monty Python sketch!!

Comment

Summer holiday venue?

Me.
              Alrite i hate doin this tulip...cause ya cant say stuff or people think your actin tight/bull-tuliptin, so i'll na ryt alot... k, am from Newry [its a dump! DONT COME HERE!] go to newry high...[anotha dump]...am dt most weekends...gnna be down lak evry day a can on da summer! gnna be FiiT! :P Ma msn is up der ↑↑↑ so dont ask ma for it...and dont add me den not tlk...dats rele gay... Dats rele it...anyfin else..ask ma [moon]

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

It's funny how those people who object to the widespread criticism of chav culture seem to have little real-world experience with "real" chavs - the type that seem intent on the destruction of other people's quality of life, property and well-being.

All you folks living in your 5-bed detatched houses with electric gates in wealthy suburbs - keep your uninformed opinions to yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Summer holiday venue?

Me.
                  Alrite i hate doin this tulip...cause ya cant say stuff or people think your actin tight/bull-tuliptin, so i'll na ryt alot... k, am from Newry [its a dump! DONT COME HERE!] go to newry high...[anotha dump]...am dt most weekends...gnna be down lak evry day a can on da summer! gnna be FiiT! :P Ma msn is up der ↑↑↑ so dont ask ma for it...and dont add me den not tlk...dats rele gay... Dats rele it...anyfin else..ask ma [moon]

Dyslexics?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    Perhaps these chavs should think about what they can offer society rather than being on the scrounge from the hard-working taxpayer.

are you a contractor? hardwork? tax payer? come on! try permieuk.com for that you might get some sympathy...oh and just for the record..sitting at a desk all day playing with 'cool' new technologies isn't hard work..try labouring on a building site for £5.50 an hour for that.

I'd define a chav as a brash, money obsessed, badly dressed person with poor taste....which incidentally describes both myself and most of my contracting colleagues over the years...

so there you go...

see ya chavs...

Comment

Kids don't have Burberry skin when they are born..although they might have Burberry coloured parents). And they don't start life wanting to beat up people and vandalise their property.
                      No they don't but there are two types of parents. One type is the parents who stop their children doing what you suggested, the other type don't. The other type are more inclined to have a go at the people who stopped their kid from doing what you suggested.

They're told from an early age..your sh*t, your sh*t, your sh*t what chance have they got? Its small wonder that they envy your really nice car, want to have the 50" plasma tv in your house... etc.

Oh so that is ok then. So when this little cherub breaks into your house at 3am I take it you'll be that understanding as he struggles to get your big telly out of your house. I grew up in a really crap area of manchester, surrounded by what we would call chavs. I was brought up to belive that if you worked hard you could get the nice things in life.

Poor people with little natural ability should be treated with a bit more respect at least give them that otherwise they'll just get more angry and it'll all go even more pear shaped.
                      Why do you equate chavs with being poor. To me it is more of a mindset. There are poor people who go out to work and who provide for their family. Then there are poor people who CHOOSE not to work and who live off the benefits system and who expect the rest of us to pick up the tab for them. I have no problem with the first group.

I do find it a bit rich that all you tax dodgers go on about all the public services, If your a permie fair enough you pay your way.
                      Us 'tax dodgers' still pay tax which supports the benefit dependant

Anyway I knew I was onto a looser with this one, I'm off to set a few cars allight and get out my spray can...crack rocks anyone?
                      Yes you were!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X