• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last the BBC telling some truth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    He's included tax fiddling contractors
    Are there any contractors who aren't? HMRC seem to think we should all be on PAYE...

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      50% of crime comes from a pool of 20%.
      The other 50% from a pool of 80%.
      Members of 1st pool are 4 times more likely (I think) to commit a crime than members of 2nd pool.

I don't believe it myself, I'd say 80% from a pool of 10% would be closer.
      Which pool, just to be clear what you are talking about here?
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
        WTF are you on about? Are you saying that 1 in 5 people in london are active criminals and that half of all crime is committed by nobody?
        Maths not your strong point?

Yes to 1 in 5. That would equate to 20%.
        The other half of the crime is commited by the other 80% or 4 in 5 if you like.

Not sure if his figures are correct, statistics being made up etc.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Which pool, just to be clear what you are talking about here?
          Pool of total population of London.
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
            Pool of total population of London.
            You said from a pool of 10%.

which pool of 10% do you think nearly all crime comes from in London? Just to be clear.

Immigrants? Non-Whites? Non-White immigrants?
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Are there any contractors who aren't? HMRC seem to think we should all be on PAYE...
              In the 15 years that I have been a forensic accountant with HMRC, I have found very few IT contractors who don't attempt to beat the system.
              And Yes, You should all be on PAYE and the current IR35 system is due for a complete overhaul shortly.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Suddenly gone very quiet in here
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

In the 15 years that I have been a forensic accountant with HMRC, I have found very few IT contractors who don't attempt to beat the system.
                  And Yes, You should all be on PAYE and the current IR35 system is due for a complete overhaul shortly.
                  I welcome any complete overhaul of IR35.

Comment

You said from a pool of 10%.

which pool of 10% do you think nearly all crime comes from in London? Just to be clear.

Immigrants? Non-Whites? Non-White immigrants?
                    10% of total population of London.
                    If you want to make a point, just do it, I'm not bothered. This is an anonomyous discussion board (I'm not planning on going to any meet-ups).
                    Crime may be analysed by ethnicity. Any such analysis is not published in the UK. I would be willing to bet my house, all my cash, the g/f & the car that such an analysis would show certain ethnic groups statistically commit more crime than other ethnic groups.
                    Bored.

Comment

So we are all going to jail then? I thought the prisons were full?

I could do with a nice spell in the clink - 3 meals a day, plenty of time to read, no users to annoy me, no kids working me to death!

Put me down for 3 years please...

Comment

Working...
                      X