• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Card Fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Most people can scarcely count to ten as it is.

It might be OK for scientists and IT contractors, but the majority of people would be utterly confused and would make mistakes so frequently as to render such a system unworkable.
    Your confidence in your fellow man is admirable

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Your confidence in your fellow man is admirable
      I tend to remember the 'pattern' of my pin, rather than the number. Muscle memory.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

It might be OK for scientists and IT contractors, but the majority of people would be utterly confused
        I think scientists will be offended being included in the same intelligence level group as IT contractors.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Most people can scarcely count to ten as it is. Are you looking forward to being stuck behind the elderly person with short sight who has to spend ten minutes squinting at the display trying to work out where the 4 has gone?

It might be OK for scientists and IT contractors, but the majority of people would be utterly confused and would make mistakes so frequently as to render such a system unworkable.
          Ah the famed "Granny test" and pretty much my point on the useability side of things.

The security point of view is how ridiculous it is to suggest that criminals are incapable of looking at the screen and keypad at the same time. The 'data' that needs to be stolen is the actual numbers, not the physical key positions.
          B00med!

Comment

Most people can scarcely count to ten as it is. Are you looking forward to being stuck behind the elderly person with short sight who has to spend ten minutes squinting at the display trying to work out where the 4 has gone?

presbyopia. Short-sightedness actually helps you see up-close

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              A pity that the police can't see it...
              it would too easy for the police to workout that they need to ring Odeon, find out which cinema then watch and see.

i'm tempted. i'd happily drive to that cinema and watch. Odeon would even be able to tell which film and showing time.
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                I tend to remember the 'pattern' of my pin, rather than the number. Muscle memory.
                I am staggered that you are intimating you couldn't remember a 4 digit number

Comment

He can, but his fingers 'remember' it more quickly...
                  B00med!

Comment

No I can remember it when required, but my fingers are used to the 'phone pad' pattern of the keys so do it for me.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                      No I can remember it when required
                      So a random grid could work then?

Comment

Working...
                      X