• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official CUK cool wall for cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    You have the whole Internet, show me one place where it say's the R8 sports car will no longer be the R8 sports car when they put a V12 in it!?!?! Exactly.
    Show me the place where it says the car is going into production!

Then show me where it says what engine they're going to put into it.

Look little boy, you think that by playing with top-trumps and making comparisons about cars you haven't even seen let alone driven it make you some sort of world authority on matters automotive.

I strongly suggest you stick to your top-trumps. You lost a sh!tload of credibility when you compared a BMW 335 with an R8.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Shhhhh! One of them seems to have spotted us. But its Ok they're too engrossed in their ritual. I may have misunderstood the point of this - it appears that this is actually a male seduction ritual. Note how one of them has now mounted the other.
      A fine scientist your are, skewing your results by interacting with the subjects. Did you learn nothing from Bellamy's Backyard Safari
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Yeah, I prefer my 335i to the R8:

http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/223/1.jpg

Though they are about par pretty much. Just don't watch the R8 vs Veyron video on YouTube, the R8 is made to look like a toy, son.

Have you got the R8 V12, or the junior (affordable) version?
        I just want to save this post for posterity...

Considering the Veyron costs 10x the price of an R8, are we comparing like for like?

Also, I'm willing to bet that the picture of the BMW isn't really your car. I mean, FFS how can a 12 year old afford one of those?
        Last edited by Churchill; 16 July 2008, 16:09.

Comment

And as if a standard Veyron wasn't enough

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIA...ews/35546.html

I know its an old news item but this still astonishes me !!

"The lucky owner is also the only person to live permanently in the world’s only seven-star hotel - Dubai’s achingly amazing Burj al Arab where rooms typically cost £2,000 per night"
          It is better to be silent and thought of a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I just want to save this post for posterity...

Considering the Veyron costs 10x the price of an R8, are we comparing like for like?

Also, I'm willing to bet that the picture of the BMW isn't really your car. I mean, FFS how can a 12 year old afford one of those?
            That exact car in that photo is not mine, mine is in space grey, a colour I prefer. It is also my first car, I was actually considering something more eccentric but due to it being a first car was sensible(ish).

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkNinja View Post
              And as if a standard Veyron wasn't enough

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIA...ews/35546.html

"The lucky owner is also the only person to live permanently in the world’s only seven-star hotel - Dubai’s achingly amazing Burj al Arab where rooms typically cost £2,000 per night"
              The one with the larger engine won't be called a Veyron though, ask Churchill he phoned a lady down at Bugatti and she told him so...

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkNinja View Post

He doesn't pay £2000 per night ffs! He gets a corporate rate of £1750 per night.

Comment

That exact car in that photo is not mine, mine is in space grey, a colour I prefer. It is also my first car, I was actually considering something more eccentric but due to it being a first car was sensible(ish).

Which old troll are you?

AndyW?

Comment

The one with the larger engine won't be called a Veyron though, ask Churchill he phoned a lady down at Bugatti and she told him so...
                    Childish little f**k, aren't you. So, a souped up BMW 335 was your first car because you were being sensible?

Oi Threaded, have you got a son?

Comment

But you said the clue was in the title 'R8'.... You were wrong. It will be in production soon, those of us who are discerning are waiting for the proper version you tool, you hadn't even heard of it... Yet you drive the V8, proves you are a chav.
                      Please, please, please tell me that you're not claiming to be some sort of petrolhead, and yet
                      a) put a 335i before the R8 (and wtf - how can you say they are about the same thing)
                      b) want to buy a non-petrol version of a supercar.

What a twat.

And btw - I own a 335i coupe (petrol), and I know which I'd rather have.
                      If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Working...
                      X