• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More doom at Barclays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Looks like Radbroke is staying, though. The land that site sits on has to be worth millions, even with the housing recession.
    I think contract jobs will always be available...lets hope! its the permies that need to worry really - but I reckon out of all those who are made redundant, more than half will see the light and go contracting whilst enjoying their redundancy brass!! Then they will never go back to permie jobs, thus making it hard for us to get a new gig! Thats my theory anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
      I think contract jobs will always be available...lets hope! its the permies that need to worry really - but I reckon out of all those who are made redundant, more than half will see the light and go contracting whilst enjoying their redundancy brass!! Then they will never go back to permie jobs, thus making it hard for us to get a new gig! Thats my theory anyway!
      I doubt it, my experience of the permies at Radders is that they are on a fair old whack of salary for doing not very much at all. Of all entrenched permies, they are th emost entrenched. Many of them are middle-aged women earning second incomes. Loads of them will take early retirement packages.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Oi, steady on love! I'm northern and an ex-radbroke contractor(twice)!
        Ditto...
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
          Soliciting?

Always!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Always!
            Must make for interesting job interviews at clientco.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              I doubt it, my experience of the permies at Radders is that they are on a fair old whack of salary for doing not very much at all. Of all entrenched permies, they are th emost entrenched. Many of them are middle-aged women earning second incomes. Loads of them will take early retirement packages.
              won't stop them trying (to get contracts).

and won't stop stupid clients from hiring them either.

especially the desperate ones - lets all watch the rates go down

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                Oi, I was an Anderson when I was in radbroke

Can't you even spell correctly the name of the places you worked at? Or are you full of BS?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Perm to Cont

From what I've seen happening, those permies that apply for contracting positions that are subsequently created within their previous dept, then get preference over someone else that hasn't worked there. They often find out from ex-colleagues. Certainly the case with Barclays, Lloyds TSB and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Must make for interesting job interviews at clientco.
                    That's the only way I get a gig!!

Comment

I was a permie there for 2 months in the late 80's.

Hated it.

It made me go contracting, so thanks Barclays!

Comment

Working...
                      X