• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming Officially Dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats it

adapt or die
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      I must admit I'm confused by all this CC/GW bollocks.

What I do know is that 2K yrs ago there was an Iron Age Fort on the top of Ingleborough.

Anyone who knows this hill will testify that to live up there it must have been a damn site warmer back then.

If the temperature was good for the Iron Age it'll do for me.

Also we are not at some sort of end game where all change in climate must adhere to the last few thousand years trend. The planet is 15 Billion years old !!!!!!!!

And another thing .............
      No confusion it's all bollocks.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        No confusion it's all bollocks.
        Next week tune in to hear why my plumber thinks Einstein's theories are all bollux
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Take a look at the graphs:
          http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm

How can AGW supporters say that the past 10 years of steady temperatures (even falling last 2 years) are a "blip"? You can't just ignore evidence that doesn't fit your model.

The evidence clearly shows correlation with sunspot activity over various time-scales.

And how would AGW explain little ice age, medievel warm period and even ice age? Or the fact we're in a post ice-age warm period?
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post

How can AGW supporters say that the past 10 years of steady temperatures (even falling last 2 years) are a "blip"? You can't just ignore evidence that doesn't fit your model.

The evidence clearly shows correlation with sunspot activity over various time-scales.

And how would AGW explain little ice age, medievel warm period and even ice age? Or the fact we're in a post ice-age warm period?
            Ah! so were still screwed, just not fully responsible for it.

Whew! what a relief
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The Earth has existed for ???????? billion years. Do you think article based on 10 years of observations can be precise ?

Comment

Technically we are still in an Ice Age now. By definition, in glaciological terms, an Ice Age is any period where there are extensive ice sheets in the northern and southern hemispheres.

An the difference between Global Warming and Climate change is that Global Warming is the precursor to Climate Change.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's now being renamed to:

Global Staying About the Same, Maybe a little Cooler, Who Knows, Just Keep the Taxes.

HTH

Comment

1. Would you bet that the average global temperature will rise or fall in the coming years?
                    2. Correlation does not imply causation. First thing you learn on a basic statistics course. There may be a confounding variable.
                    3. Why do you think you understand climatology, a complicated subject. Are you an expert in statistical/mathematical modelling? If so why aren't you doubling or tripling your daily rate?

Next week, the milkman will expound on why quantum physics is all wrong.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      1. Would you bet that the average global temperature will rise or fall in the coming years?
                      2. Correlation does not imply causation. First thing you learn on a basic statistics course. There may be a confounding variable.
                      3. Why do you think you understand climatology, a complicated subject. Are you an expert in statistical/mathematical modelling? If so why aren't you doubling or tripling your daily rate?

Next week, the milkman will expound on why quantum physics is all wrong.
                      So what are saying? Man made CO2 definately is the cause of a warming climate? If it is really bad that the global temperature rises (more energy, more storms, floods and extremes), how is it bad if it falls or stays the same?

No one knows fook all, especially the so-called self-styled "climate gurus".*

* Apologies to Chico there.

Comment

Working...
                      X