• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

East London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Do people there really eat eels in jelly and sew buttons all over their clothes whilst making a living as a racist taxi driver?
    Only those above the Thames. Sarf of the river is alot more civilized.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Up Catford Dogs, Nahta mean?
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        Up Catford Dogs, Nahta mean?
        And the Richardsons were proper villians. Not like those nancy boy Krays.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          No, there are a few who fit that exact description in SW.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I seem to recall that Charlie had a farm on the Gower until he got caught with a slightly different type of charlie....
            No, I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              My old mum (bless her) said the Eastend was brilliant 50 years ago. Has it changed then?
              Yes, they've rebuilt it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Yes, they've rebuilt it.
                East London wasn't (re)built in a day, you know.

Comment

Many years ago I was having lunch with the permies at the then clientco and they were discussing the then new London marathon through the East End. One bright spark said in all sincerity, “I didn’t like the look of where they went from the aerial shots. The place looked like a bomb hit it”.
                  Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 8 July 2008, 16:06. Reason: Crap spelling
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Many years ago I was having lunch with the permies at the then clientco and they were discussing the then new London marathon through the East End. One bright spark said in all sincerity, “I didn’t like the look of where they went from the aerial shots. The place looked like a bomb hit it”.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                      I am sorry, it sux, junkies, cocky kids with knives, everybody p!ssed off there heads the whole time, tulipe council blocks, rentals only realistically about 25% higher in West London

I have toughed it out for 4.5 years, now no more, think its actually got worse.

So I am off to West London, goodbye East London, wont miss you
                      Which part are you in then? People are not generally p!ssed out of their heads where I am, their religion doesn't allow it. Of course, the smell of cannabis does hang heavy in the air instead......

Over the past 20 years I have lived in Bow, Forest Gate, East Ham, Poplar, but have never felt safer than I do now ....... in a gated community next to Canary Wharf. I've only been robbed at knife point once in all that time ......

Comment

Working...
                      X