• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McDonald can sponsor kids TV - Marmite cannot advertise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Marmite is Bovril for girls.
    Bovril is melted down cow hoof, cartilage and bone.

I'll stick with my yeast extract thanks.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Ok.

You big girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
        Ok.

You big girl.
        No wonder you're so mental, you've got BSE from all that cow spine you spread on your toast...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No wonder you're so mental, you've got BSE from all that cow spine you spread on your toast...
          I prefer to call it connective tissue, thank you very much.

Comment

Actually it's a product of Corned Beef production. The meat is boiled before being processed and canned. The water it's cooked in is then reduced down to a thick liquid, and thats Bovril

Originally invented by a Scots chap to feed Napoleon's army while fighting the Prussians.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Actually it's a product of Corned Beef production. The meat is boiled before being processed and canned. The water it's cooked in is then reduced down to a thick liquid, and thats Bovril

Originally invented by a Scots chap to feed Napoleon's army while fighting the Prussians.
              You bought the lie!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

WHS. Also makes for a delicious evening beverage.

Comment

They took the beef stock out of it for a few years until it was reintroduced quite recently I think. It was funny to see Bovril on the shelves labelled as suitable for vegetarians.
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    You bought the lie!!!!
                    Who cares, it tastes better than the scrapings from someones yeast infection, aka Marmite

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      They took the beef stock out of it for a few years until it was reintroduced quite recently I think. It was funny to see Bovril on the shelves labelled as suitable for vegetarians.

Was during the BSE scare to get past the European import restrictions on beef.

Comment

Working...
                      X