• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soft landing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Comedy graph. It can't be accurate. Or can it...

/gulp
    Yes, it's a comedy graph, the same trajectory as Frankie Howerd in Up the Chastity Belt (?) when he goes flying out of a window and has a "soft landing" in a big pile of steaming manure.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      The guy who runs that site was on the BBC the other morning.
      he's a complete cock
      Well, somebody who devotes their time to scaremongering about house prices on a web site isn't likely to be the sharpest tool in the box.

Comment

Well, House price inflation was falling but still positive. Now it's clearly negative i.e. House price deflation.

We could confusion the "house prices only rise" brigade by plotting house price depreciation that's def positive
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Well, somebody who devotes their time to scaremongering about house prices on a web site isn't likely to be the sharpest tool in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            That's truly impressive, send it to http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/ , it's better than the one on their front page.
            I've already seen it there a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Prices are collapsing faster than the world trade centre...
              Last time I checked, it stopped collapsing seven years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                I've already seen it there a few times.
                It's find it's quite a good site for getting the daily gloom newspaper articles when you are in the mood ! The property investing bit on www.fool.co.uk has a more reasoned view and better quality posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  We could confusion the "house prices only rise" brigade by plotting house price depreciation that's def positive
                  I always found that weird. People were really convinced that prices couldn't fall.
                  Bored.

Comment

House prices are rising. Take the price of a house a year or two ago for example and compare to today. They are higher now. We need a climate change expert to predict what house price will be if we don't increase stamp duty tax.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      House prices are rising. Take the price of a house a year or two ago for example and compare to today. They are higher now. We need a climate change expert to predict what house price will be if we don't increase stamp duty tax.
                      I agree. Compare house prices to those of a million years ago, and there's a clear increase. Furthermore, if you compare ice core records of CO2 with house prices, you can clearly see they both rise at the same time. Conclusion: CO2 causes house price inflation, and the current slump is down to government green taxes.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X