• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 worst places to live in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"How can you put Swindon on a list of worst places to live"

Because it's bloody awful.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I think anywhere in Essex can be safely included. Along with most parts of Kent (Canterbury and Tunbridge Wells apart - although they're rapidly heading that way).

Chavsville all the way.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

The Millwall / New Cross area of London has got to be the worst place in my experience, even worse than Govan.

Croydon is pretty horrible too.

Nottingham is OK, although whenever I've stayed there it was south of the river in Wilford or West Bridgford, not up in gangland. The centre was lively.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Croydon is pretty horrible too.
          Seconded. Particularly that weirdo who hangs around outside my client's office, playing pocket snooker while watching teenagers snogging.
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            even worse than Govan.
            Govan isn't even in the top 5 worst places in Glasgow no matter top 10 in Britain.

Much as I love my country and all I'm amazed the not a single Scottish town made it on the list. Classic example of english bias yet again ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

probably because however bad the place is in Scotland, the people's lovely accents make up for it and make it a nice wee place to live...
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

It was very biased to all locals near to kirsty and phil. I was surprised then that they had Harrogate as one of the best places seeing as it's more than 25 miles from the M25. I'd say they don't know the UK very well at all!

How could ashford be one of the best places? Bizzare
                I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                  Whats wrong with Bristol?

Its not that bad.
                  Bad things sometimes happen around Easton / St. Pauls in the east of the city - saw a stabbing there once, nasty. Also the Southmead area to the north is a bit dodgy. And irritating little brats can occasionally be seen wandering in the centre at night, brick in hand, looking for a car to do (mine on more than one occasion). Apart from those hickups Bristol's a very cool place

Comment

Tring. Wonderful place.

Comment

Mr

Anywhre where there is a high proportion of muslims / suicide bombers

Comment

Working...
                      X