• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "10 worst places to live in UK"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    No, just a public service to a fellow contractor.

Yes it was Life of Brian.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    And they're wanting a contractor out in San Francisco...
    Are you leaving us then Threaded?

BTW, did I guess correctly about the "Life of Brian" reference in your other post?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    And they're wanting a contractor out in San Francisco...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Wow, that sounds like my pikey flat.
    Sounds like Nokia in Ulm...

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    This had leaking sewage pipes under the floor, necessitating permanently open windows in minus 10 degrees and the wearing of thick coats. I call that my "Himmler's Revenge" contract.
    Wow, that sounds like my pikey flat.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by dephunked
    Aylesbury - grey and ugly
    The bit around the council offices certainly is, but I'll soon be working in Aylesbury, in a nicer bit than that.

Incidentally, if you think Aylesbury is grey and ugly, wait until you've done Croydon. And B-block in the Home Office (above the Whitgift centre) is the most utterly depressing building I have ever worked in. It was even worse than the draughty portakabin in Stuttgart I was stuck in during mid-winter. This had leaking sewage pipes under the floor, necessitating permanently open windows in minus 10 degrees and the wearing of thick coats. I call that my "Himmler's Revenge" contract.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    Govan isn't even in the top 5 worst places in Glasgow no matter top 10 in Britain.

Much as I love my country and all I'm amazed the not a single Scottish town made it on the list. Classic example of english bias yet again ...
    Sorry snaw, but I worked in Glasgow for three months a few years ago and rather liked it.

Apart from the weather of course. I was there throughout the "summer".

True, I stayed in the Hilton and mostly frequented the city centre in the evenings, but I did pass through Govan when I went running.

Leave a comment:

• dephunked
    replied
    What's more interesting are towns that are different from their surrounding region:

Aylesbury - grey and ugly
    Bridgwater (Somerset) - deserted - like the Wild West.

Leave a comment:

• DBNOv4.0
    replied
    Mr

Anywhre where there is a high proportion of muslims / suicide bombers

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Tring. Wonderful place.

Leave a comment:

• GiGo
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan
    Whats wrong with Bristol?

Its not that bad.
    Bad things sometimes happen around Easton / St. Pauls in the east of the city - saw a stabbing there once, nasty. Also the Southmead area to the north is a bit dodgy. And irritating little brats can occasionally be seen wandering in the centre at night, brick in hand, looking for a car to do (mine on more than one occasion). Apart from those hickups Bristol's a very cool place

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    It was very biased to all locals near to kirsty and phil. I was surprised then that they had Harrogate as one of the best places seeing as it's more than 25 miles from the M25. I'd say they don't know the UK very well at all!

How could ashford be one of the best places? Bizzare

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    probably because however bad the place is in Scotland, the people's lovely accents make up for it and make it a nice wee place to live...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    even worse than Govan.
    Govan isn't even in the top 5 worst places in Glasgow no matter top 10 in Britain.

Much as I love my country and all I'm amazed the not a single Scottish town made it on the list. Classic example of english bias yet again ...

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Croydon is pretty horrible too.
    Seconded. Particularly that weirdo who hangs around outside my client's office, playing pocket snooker while watching teenagers snogging.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X