• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canada wants well fed Brits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    72 with no French and no job offer.

I guess a slightly educated spouse helps sometimes
    My partner is educated but not qualified. I'm over 53. So I'd need the job offer. OTOH 15 years in Paris is helpful for the language bit.

I wonder how long you have to keep the job? How long you have to work before being resident anyway (I'd hate to be turfed out on retirement).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Are there any temperate parts (e.g. near one of the lakes)? Would prefer a better climate.
      it doesnt signify anything, but todays temeratures

London 26
      Manchester 23
      Halifax (can) 25
      Moscow (ussr) 25

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Are there any temperate parts (e.g. near one of the lakes)? Would prefer a better climate.
        Which lakes? there are millions of them! I suppose you mean great lakes! Which would limit you to Ontario and Huron.

www.theweathernetwork.ca

The warmest bits I know are Vancouver and Victoria..Victoria is exceedingly boring (its the retirement capital of Canada).
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          ... from a carelesly discarded cigarette from your first trip
          Gap of 2 years from 1st to 2nd trip!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

The warmest bits I know are Vancouver and Victoria..Victoria is exceedingly boring (its the retirement capital of Canada).
            WHS.

Not exactly tropical mind. More like west coast of Scotland, i.e. wet and not stupidly cold in Winter.

Comment

The Maritimes. They have a temperate climate, but it is maritime. There's no Mediterranean Lite, which is what most people have in mind when they talk of a good climate.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                WHS.

Not exactly tropical mind. More like west coast of Scotland, i.e. wet and not stupidly cold in Winter.
                I think it's "Marine West Coast" in Köppen. Mind you, Scotland used to be stupidly cold in winter.

Comment

74 no job offer, no French!

See you over there...
                  B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                    74 no job offer, no French!
                    See you over there...
                    See you back in a year, frothing at the mouth, missing Jaffa Cakes.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

No jaffa Cakes?

It really is a backwards place...sod that!
                      B00med!

Comment

Working...
                      X