• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canada wants well fed Brits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 77 - Right I'm off!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I got enough points despite saying I didn't know French, and could probably lie about that.
      They may test you by talking to you in French.

Anyway their French is different so even if you have some French lingual ability you won't understand what the hell they are going on about.

I got 75 because I'm highly educated.

BTW Canada is a better place to bring up children
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Despite my score I doubt they would let me in due to my family circumstances

Blind son and a wife who has recently had a kidney transplant - perhaps I should dump them!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

72 with no French and no job offer.

I guess a slightly educated spouse helps sometimes
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Despite my score I doubt they would let me in due to my family circumstances

Blind son and a wife who has recently had a kidney transplant - perhaps I should dump them!
            Yeah, let go of the shackles.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Thought about going to live in Kelowna a few years back after a superb trip there. Went back for a 2nd visit and it was on fire!

http://www.kelownafirestorm.ca/okanaganparkfire.html

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                Thought about going to live in Kelowna a few years back after a superb trip there. Went back for a 2nd visit and it was on fire!
                ... from a carelesly discarded cigarette from your first trip
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Canada must be boring if you are young person.

I know some Canadians over here and they've settled here.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't think I know you Sue...hmmm. Don't let it out to the wife..she's already desperate to move over there....even though she's the type to keep the heat on in this weather!

I wonder if she knows the Canadian government are a bunch of relegious loonies.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Are there any temperate parts (e.g. near one of the lakes)? Would prefer a better climate.

Comment

Working...
                      X