• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Co-Workers... what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    I am currently torn between staying professional and seeing what happens, and just going back up there and telling him exactly what I (and most other people as far as I can tell) think of his code!!

Opting with the staying professional element at the moment, to avoid a bench period.
    Help they guy out, take some of the pressure. Either that or at least give him a hand-job under the table, that should take his mind off the problems. Oi HAB, what do you think?

Comment

Nut him!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        I agree with Churchill on this one.
        Me too, more the part about growing a thicker skin and standing your ground though.

Comment

Tell the whining bastard to get a grip.

His inadequecies are not your problem.

Comment

Did he say anything illegal? Was it defamatory? Did he say anything that damages your reputation? Was it all true?

If he did the sue his arse off. You may also consider whether client and agent may be held responsible for his actions too. I doubt they can be as he will be Ltd. but you could bankrupt him and his company.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I'm going to go against the grain here and ask 2 questions:

1) Why did you talk across the office? Common courtesy would say you would go over and speak to whoever without causing disruption.
              2) Why are you listening to music CDs in the office. Is that what you are paid to do?

There's nothing more irritating when under pressure than thoughtless or perceived lazy co-workers.
              You're talking and behaving like an permie not like someone who runs a small business.
              I would apologise and offer to help out, like some others have suggested.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                Did he say anything illegal? Was it defamatory? Did he say anything that damages your reputation? Was it all true?

If he did the sue his arse off. You may also consider whether client and agent may be held responsible for his actions too. I doubt they can be as he will be Ltd. but you could bankrupt him and his company.
                Like your thinking - but the revenue had a good go at bankrupting him anyway. He lives in a little world which is somewhat detached from the rest of us anyway.

IE: Spent 5 days at work ringing round various breakers yards to get a radiator cap for his 12 year old car, because he didn't want to pay Vauxhall £10 for it!! Tart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

If he did the sue his arse off.
                  Get real. Bringing action for slander will be very difficult and expensive. It's not even a criminal offence unless someone is accused of committing a criminal offence. Otherwise it's civil.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    I agree with Churchill on this one; asking him if you can help would be both an act of conciliation (if you really have annoyed him) and one of solidarity. It also gives you the moral 'high ground' if the situation escalates.
                    If that doesnt work - bloody shout back at him...
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

hmm. how long have you been there?

Comment

Working...
                      X