• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's that Bogeyman ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Chloroform would be required. She's very rooted here.

She has actually been to Vancouver and liked it, but she won't up sticks.
    Aha, I see. Tough one then. Certainly sounds like a tasty opportunity and I for one would love to go over there to live and work.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      Crumbs, how's the wife going to take that Bogey?
      Well, we've been together a long, long time and she's happy to have a bit of space - as am I. She has her own career and set of friends.

That said, we're still very fond of each other.

I think it will work out alright.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        Aha, I see. Tough one then. Certainly sounds like a tasty opportunity and I for one would love to go over there to live and work.
        Sounds to me like there's a tasty opportunity to be had with Bogey's wife while he's over in BC.

[You know I'm only joshing]
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Yes, it's my dream. The firm in question has an office in Seattle and one in Vancouver. They have good VC investment and I really think it's going somewhere.

The dev team is already hired - which might be a problem, but I'm happy enough to work around that.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Sounds to me like there's a tasty opportunity to be had with Bogey's wife while he's over in BC.
            You haven't seen her!

Comment

Yes, it's my dream. The firm in question has an office in Seattle and one in Vancouver. They have good VC investment and I really think it's going somewhere.

The dev team is already hired - which might be a problem, but I'm happy enough to work around that.
              Glad to see the tractor business is still going strong too.

Well done.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You haven't seen her!
                I like women of mystery.

Seriously though Bogey, well done. That's a brave and bold mood. I've holidayed in BC and I found it a cracking place. I'm sure you will have a great time.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Glad to see the tractor business is still going strong too.

Well done.
                  Thanks, I sold the tractor production business to Gordon Brown, so he'd have something to talk about at PMQs.

Comment

Yes, it's my dream.
                    Enough said.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I like women of mystery.

Seriously though Bogey, well done. That's a brave and bold mood. I've holidayed in BC and I found it a cracking place. I'm sure you will have a great time.
                      Thanks Spart. I think one has to be brave and bold nowadays - otherwise we'll all sink into the dark brown mud of mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                      X