• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite climate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Me too pretty much - just cannot be arsed with it - in fact I think I was posting on here last NYE in my PJ's from my parents house.
    I hit on a great idea a few years ago when the missus was recuperating from an operation. We could not go out partying, or visiting so I made her a flask of hot toddy and found the nearest hill with a road and plonked on top of it at 11:45.

It was absolutely brilliant. The fireworks and the noise - truly spectacular. romantic too.

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 25 June 2008, 13:02.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

These 3 are essentially the same climate:

Tropical
      Equatorial / Monsoon
      Humid subtropical / Oceanic

I voted Eq/Mons, as it is the middle one.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        These 3 are essentially the same climate:

Tropical
        Equatorial / Monsoon
        Humid subtropical / Oceanic

I voted Eq/Mons, as it is the middle one.
        No, they aren't.

Tropical and Equatorial are the same. They are warm all the time, and wet all the time.

Monsoon is also warm all year round, but differs by the monsoon season (obviously), when it is astoundingly wet; but it also has a dry season.

Humid Subtropical is humid all year round, and is warm but not all year round, it has a winter. (If it is also not humid all year round, but dry in summer, then it is Mediterranean. I forget which one is dry in winter).
        Last edited by expat; 25 June 2008, 13:23.

Comment

Working...
        X