• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Favourite climate

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Favourite climate"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    These 3 are essentially the same climate:

Tropical
    Equatorial / Monsoon
    Humid subtropical / Oceanic

I voted Eq/Mons, as it is the middle one.
    No, they aren't.

Tropical and Equatorial are the same. They are warm all the time, and wet all the time.

Monsoon is also warm all year round, but differs by the monsoon season (obviously), when it is astoundingly wet; but it also has a dry season.

Humid Subtropical is humid all year round, and is warm but not all year round, it has a winter. (If it is also not humid all year round, but dry in summer, then it is Mediterranean. I forget which one is dry in winter).
    Last edited by expat; 25 June 2008, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    These 3 are essentially the same climate:

Tropical
    Equatorial / Monsoon

I voted Eq/Mons, as it is the middle one.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Me too pretty much - just cannot be arsed with it - in fact I think I was posting on here last NYE in my PJ's from my parents house.
    I hit on a great idea a few years ago when the missus was recuperating from an operation. We could not go out partying, or visiting so I made her a flask of hot toddy and found the nearest hill with a road and plonked on top of it at 11:45.

It was absolutely brilliant. The fireworks and the noise - truly spectacular. romantic too.

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 25 June 2008, 13:02.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I voted temperate, like my home town in NZ. In winter rarely goes below 15 degrees during the winter, and rarely above 25 in summer (daytime temps)

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Me too pretty much - just cannot be arsed with it - in fact I think I was posting on here last NYE in my PJ's from my parents house.
    Sometimes watch Jools Holland Hootenanny and have a bit of madeira cake and small tipple.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    My Scottish mother ruined New years for me with endless cleaning and crazed application of new year tradition like having a tall dark person first foot (so i go t shoved out the door before the bells) Shudder.

I just go to bed now.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Christmas I don't mind too much - he probably won't give a sh*t if I am there or not.... I hate new year with a vengence so being on a beach for a few days would be good
    My Scottish mother ruined New years for me with endless cleaning and crazed application of new year tradition like having a tall dark person first foot (so i go t shoved out the door before the bells) Shudder.

I just go to bed now.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Christmas I don't mind too much - he probably won't give a sh*t if I am there or not.... I hate new year with a vengence so being on a beach for a few days would be good

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    My brother has just been offered a job in Dubai.... I hope he takes it - would sort out my, "where will I go at Christmas?" dilemma
    they dont have Christmas over there, why not go at ede instead

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    My brother has just been offered a job in Dubai.... I hope he takes it - would sort out my, "where will I go at Christmas?" dilemma
    Hong Kong is fantastic at Christmas, it doesn't even feel like Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Just so long as you know he'll be working through.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a poll Favourite climate

Favourite climate

Polar
    0.00%
    Sub-Arctic
    8.82%
    Alpine
    8.82%
    Temperate (like what it is)
    23.53%
    Mediterranean
    29.41%
    Tropical
    8.82%
    Equatorial / Monsoon
    2.94%
    5.88%
    Desert
    5.88%
    I want to be with AndyW
    5.88%
    If you could move the UK somewhere else to get a different climate, which would you prefer:

I've used my own bastardised climate classification system.

Working...
X