• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad role with good dosh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project

Weigh up all three, in no particular order, and decide on things yourself.

Personally I can only stand a crap project for a certain amount of time.

Are we all sell outs or should you walk from a lousy contract if it was well paid?
    Yes we are all sell outs. Know this and be proud!
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      If you're just a bit miserable, well, that's why they have to pay you to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
        the pits, terrible team moral (13 people left in 6 months, most people sit in silence), blame culture rather than leadership etc etc you get the picture
        I think we work at the same clientco.

I'd be looking around at the market for other roles and raising my rate every chance I get to make it more bearable. Oh, wait, that's what I'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
          ...... terrible team moral (13 people left in 6 months, most people sit in silence), blame culture rather than leadership etc etc you get the picture

Morale

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

Morale

HTH
            Morals
            Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I live therefore I invoice.
              I Invoice therefore I can live
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

cheers folks,

At the end of the day I suppose we're all mercenary, praetorian blighters otherwise we'd all be permy

my philosophy so far on this contract has been keep my head down and keep the timesheets rolling, rolling, rolling, just had a bairn too so at the moment money & family are the main priorities
                (for the moment anyone for jobserve?)

cheers
                Badger

Comment

Working...
                X