• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the NHS pay for the consequences of you eating pie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    I'm impressed! Oh, you mean teens of stones weight.
    If you're steady at 21.5 stone, can you get to 12.5 stone by just eating 1 bag of quavers less a day? I doubt it.
    Yes, teens stones, and dropping (i have a 10km run in Sept and I want to lose another couple by then)

Nah that's exactly my point, you can get from 12 to 21 by eating a pack of quavers extra day for 10 years, but you can't go the other way by eating a pack less a day for 10 years.

You have to do something much more drastic, and not everybody can do it. In fact i would say that most people couldn't do it, including a lot of the people fortunate enough not to let themselves get fat in the first place. Unless you've had to lose 5-10 stone of body mass, you can't comprehend the difficulties.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
    X